Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD FS: Brand New MINT SR5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Big D, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big D

Big D

May 26, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    SOLD!

I have for sale my brand new Musicman Stingray 5. It is transparent red w/ matching headstock, white perloid pickguard and a maple fingerboard. It is a very fine instrument in absolute MINT condition. There is not a nick, ding or scratch on it. The finish is really beautiful with a nice grain underneath.

I purchased it at Bass Central on 2/10/06. You can see it on their web site if you scroll almost to the bottom of this page:
    http://www.basscentral.com/musicman/stingray5_fretted.shtml. It is described as "SR5 Trans Red/ Maple/ Matching Headstock/ White Pearloid Pick Guard, case. Retail $2035/Call for price".

The B string is killer tight. There is no flippity floppity floop going on here. It seemed tighter than the 35" Laklands I also tried out.

I am coming to find my tone is more of the passive Fender Jazz tone. My other basses are all passive Jazzes. The tone is not bad at all; it is just different.

It has not been gigged and left my apartment only once to go play through my big rig where my band practices. That is when the tone issue really hit home.

So to sum up - I am not going to let this sit around while I play my Fenders. I am looking to get $1,300 for the bass. The MusicMan hardshell case is of course included and I will throw in 2 sets of Ernie Ball Regular Slinky strings. A central Florida buyer would be great, otherwise I'll have to figure out what the shipping charges would be.

Attached Files:

2. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    bashing a sale is not allowed

3. Nope...you can't. The matching headstock is a $120 upgrade, the pearloid pickguard is a $60 upgrade and 2 sets of strings will run you $40.

Thanks.

4. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
  5. Big D

Big D

May 26, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Sale Pending...

6. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member