Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Brand new never used prewired Aguilar OBP-3

Discussion in 'For Sale: Strings and Accessories' started by CopperheadLXXIX, Dec 12, 2005.

1. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Hey guys and gals,
    Some time ago I got this Aguilar OBP-3 which I brough pre-wired from Brian at Bestbassgear.com. I still haven't gotten around to installing it, and have recently decided to instead get a Audere preamp. Anyway, it's a few months old, but it has never been used (I still keep it in the original shipping box carefully blanketed in bubbles wrap.)and as mentioned has been pre-wired and tested. It comes with all the pots and wires-all you would need to do is wire your pickups and have some knobs ready to stick on it. Here are the specs:

9v
    2 volumes, each with a push/pull pot (I was going to use the push/pull to switch each pickup between series/parallel.)
    Concentric bass/treble
    Mid w/ a frequency selector switch (400hz or 800kz)
    Active/passive switch

I also have a rather hard to find push/pull pot that I got from Mike Lull that would allow you to forgo the mid selector switch and instead have your mid pot also be push/pull to pick between either 400hz or 800hz. It isn't wired to the unit, but if you want it, I wouldn't mind throwing it in too. I'm not sure what the values of all the pots are (250, 500, etc;) as they aren't written anywhere.

Right now I'm asking $140 for the preamp, and this would include the cost of shipping within the continental United States. I'm not really interested in trades, unless maybe someone has something UBER cool and rare like say a Unibass or something like that. ;)
    I prefer PayPal, but I could also go with a money order in the mail. Post here or PM me if anyone has any questions. Cheers!

2. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Sold.