Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Broken 50w Peavey Microbass combo

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Matt Call, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    This was a great little combo amp. It was my first amp, and now I never use it. Part of the reason I never use it is because it is speakerless. Whenever I have used it, it's been as a headphone amp. Why is the speaker out? Well, after practice one night, one of my band's guitar players was telling me about how a buddy of his put a tear in his cone and had an awesome distortion. To make a long story short... it was pretty cool... we tried to make it "cooler", I guess we made it "too cool" because my amp is now speakerless. Yeah, I'm dumb, I know. Anyway, I looked on ebay and you can get a replacement speaker for like $20. Or you could recone it. It doesn't have the grill, but you could get creative. I'm gonna ask for $30 shipped.......

PM or Email (mcall_04@yahoo.com)

-Matt

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    you know, I did the EXACT same thing with a 4x12 cab once...I also took it to the extreme, but I laid down the cash for 4 brand new JBLs :D. Still use it heh, no tears ;).

Ray

3. RyanHelms

RyanHelms

Sep 20, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    PM sent :)

4. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    sale pending...