1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Broken 50w Peavey Microbass combo

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Matt Call, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    This was a great little combo amp. It was my first amp, and now I never use it. Part of the reason I never use it is because it is speakerless. Whenever I have used it, it's been as a headphone amp. Why is the speaker out? Well, after practice one night, one of my band's guitar players was telling me about how a buddy of his put a tear in his cone and had an awesome distortion. To make a long story short... it was pretty cool... we tried to make it "cooler", I guess we made it "too cool" because my amp is now speakerless. Yeah, I'm dumb, I know. Anyway, I looked on ebay and you can get a replacement speaker for like $20. Or you could recone it. It doesn't have the grill, but you could get creative. I'm gonna ask for $30 shipped.......

PM or Email (mcall_04@yahoo.com)

-Matt

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    you know, I did the EXACT same thing with a 4x12 cab once...I also took it to the extreme, but I laid down the cash for 4 brand new JBLs :D. Still use it heh, no tears ;).

Ray

3. RyanHelms

RyanHelms

Sep 20, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    PM sent :)

4. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    sale pending...