FS: BSX Allegro Acoustic Electric Upright

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lokire, Dec 28, 2007.

1. I've had this for a few months now and have hardly played it. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but I just never really got into playing upright. And now my car needs fixing, so up for sale it goes!

It's a BSX Allegro, acoustic electric upright. Here's the other thread with info and pictures from the previous owner:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359353

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x116/evanhodgesmusic/BSX Allegro EUB/

Just to repeat. The bass is completely structurally sound. The crack is just cosmetic. It plays great, and has an easy neck angle adjustment feature so you can set it up however you want. Sounds great, and it's fully hollowbody so you can practice unplugged just fine.

I'd like to try for a local sale first. But if nothing comes up for a week or so, I'll open it up for shipping.

Not gonna find a better deal for an EUB like this. Down to $900 for a local sale (Washington State, Oregon, or Vancouver Canada area). If it's in a days drive from Seattle, basically. :)

2. sonicnuance

sonicnuance Commercial User

Aug 30, 2003
    California, USA
    Engineer & Owner, Sonic Nuance Electronics
    How did the gigbag break? I have one and don't want to risk it.

It is a fabulous instrument by the way. I'm tempted...

3. I don't know. It broke on the previous owner. I'm guessing it was a cheap plastic ring that held the strap on or something like that...

4. Alright then...it's almost 2008 and I wanna sell this thing!

$1100 shipped and insured in the US. Who wants it? :)

5. Make me a reasonable offer? :help:

6. Man, if I had the scratch, I'd be all over this! I played one at a fellow bass player's house and it sounded GREAT. He could coax nice URB sounds out of it and cello-like arco stuff. Good luck with the sale!!

7. Only 6 hours to go. Up to 99 watchers! Wooo :D

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021