1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: cabinet to hold GK head at nice angle--head not included.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Lee Barker, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Lee Barker

Lee Barker Labor of evident value satisfies the soul. Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Redmond, Oregon
    owner, Barker Musical Instruments, maker of the Barker Bass, No Longer In Production.
    OK, it's a failure. It didn't work like I wanted it to, and it will really only do two things in life--contain objects in a drawer and keep a GK head at a nifty angle.

It was designed to slip down over an enclosure and make a sort of instant combo. I didn't like it. The concept was sound, the sketches looked good, the execution was relatively simple, but, well, enough.

The reason it's so GK specific (right now) is that the rack ear mounting holes on the GKs are assymetrical--different one side from the other. Other holes could be drilled for different heads provided they were no wider than 17.25 inches.

Overall dimensions are 18.25 wide, 15.25 high and 16.75 deep.

The interior of the drawer is 15.25 by 14.75 by 4.625.

I can't throw it away, nor can I claim it has "value" after writing this frank narrative.

So I figure the cost of materials and packaging it up and shipping put it in the $60 category but that embarrasses me so I'm going to say $49.95, PayPal, shipped CONUS.

Just to be redundantly clear, the head in there is for illustration purposes and is not included. I don't want to think about life without my Kline 600.

I hope this orphan construction finds a happy home. If not, it will just slip away, quietly.

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Interesting idea - some enterprising sole might be able to re-do the rack holes and make use of this as a piece of studio furniture. Just sayin, you know ?

3. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    If that drawer was refrigerated I'd be all over this.

bump

4. IdealWay

IdealWay

Oct 18, 2006
    Asheville, NC
    Amen! ;)

5. Lee Barker

Lee Barker Labor of evident value satisfies the soul. Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Redmond, Oregon
    owner, Barker Musical Instruments, maker of the Barker Bass, No Longer In Production.
    gentlemen, this can be solved: Passive pickups, passive refrigeration. (read: 1" styrofoam lining drawer, with lid.)

Just don't fight over it. Joint custody could be a solution.

Another thought--a BAckup Head, say a GK 400RB--could be mounted in the bottom section as well. Head, Frigidaire, Backup Head. Life would be good.

Be sure to check the second image to get a feel for the capacity of the drawer.