1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Canon Rebel XT Digital SLR and BG-E3 Battery Grip

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by gruuv, May 18, 2011.

1. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Up for sale are these two lightly used items from Canon.

Canon Rebel XT body (digital SLR), including all original items (box, cables, manual, battery, lens caps, etc...). $220 shipped.

BG-E3 battery grip with box, manual, both cartridges, and a battery (extra genuine Canon battery making two with the camera's battery). $115 shipped.

No trades please! I will post pictures ASAP.

** Update **

The Rebel XT is the body only. The kit 18-55mm lense isn't the quality I wanted for what I've used it for, so I grabbed 17-40mm L series and a 70-200 L series lenses. It made more sense simply to save the money by skipping the kit lense.

2. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    stupid question... is this the digital version??

3. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Yes! Good clarification... I have amended the original ad.

I should add also that the battery grip is awesome. It will hold the traditional batteries, as well as AA's, in case you get into a bind. Additionally, it makes the camera much easier to hold, and has a shutter release button on the bottom.

4. you are selling just the SLR body, is that correct?

Thanks,

5. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the interest. That is correct - body only. I will amend the original listing for clarification purposes.

6. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Bump... I have an extra Canon battery I can include, and will sell these together for $300, shipped (continental US).

This is still a phenomenal little camera that takes fantastic pictures.

7. Skipped the kit lens to save money, but bought two *L* lenses? That's some kind of logic there.. :D ;)

8. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Perhaps not the best choice of words... L's are ever so slightly pricier. What I meant was, knowing I wouldn't use the kit lense, I skipped it and it made the body cheaper.

:cool:

9. Ha, I kinda figured that much. Just thought I'd pick at the comment. L lenses are an invenstment, for sure. :D

10. Any pictures?

11. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Not yet, but I will get some this weekend and post them up.

I should add, too, that I would consider trading for a good recording interface for Macbook/Garageband. I just recently picked one up (an '07 model, not a Pro) to do some recording and would like something for it.

12. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Still no pictures (pathetic, eh?), but giving this a bump. Any interest?

13. dmonroe

dmonroe

Jun 16, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    There may be if you post pics. I'd like to see the body.

14. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    The screen is not scratched - those are just flash marks from smudges, dust, etc...

100_1556. 100_1559.
    100_1557.

15. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    "Now it has pictures" bump

16. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    No picture love?

17. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Bumping this to include a few lenses:

55-250, link below. New for Canon with IS. It's virtually new - I pulled it out to shoot a few shots because I was curious. It's much sharper than my 75-300.

$150

16-35mm L Mark I. Pro lens, amazing results, and is great for the Rebel because it's ultrawide helps with the Rebel's 1.6 crop factor. Attached is an example of what it's capable of. Canon has a Series II out for which they've made improvements over my version, but it's also about $300 more on the used market. With a Rebel XT, the differences will not be discernable.

$925

If you want these included in the package with the Rebel, we'll come up with some kind of deal. Also willing to part them out. I don't have images of these yet - will try to take some soon.

Attached Files:

18. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Bump

Would consider trades for:

Apogee Duet
    Quality studio monitor speakers (powered)
    Quality computer speakers (w/ sub)
    Quality fretless (34 in scale, 4 or 5, 19-20mm spacing)

19. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Bump

20. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Both lenses are sold. Rebel, Grip, and accessories still available.