1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: CAR '70s Fender Precision body with '58 RI loaded pickguard...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by christopherogut, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK, $375 shipped as shown, $300 shipped without the thumb rest and neck plate!

For sale is a '70s Fender Precision body loaded with new Fender American Vintage '58 guts and some older parts...

The body appears to be a '70s American Fender body based on the control cavity, pickup-to-control cavity, and bridge grounding routings, as well as some of the older period-correct parts that are on the bass. It's been repainted in candy apple red (over silver, over a black primer?), but not professionally. I give the guy an A for effort but a B+ for execution. The back shows some unevenness to the finish (see pictures) and there's imperfections and whatnot when you look really closely, but overall it's a good looking finish. Any possible neck pocket information has obviously been sprayed over so we'll never quite know. Snoop here on TalkBass for my other threads/posts about the body routings for more detailed pictures.

The body has numerous dings, scrapes, scratches, chips, dents, etc., but it's all good. There are extra bridge mounting holes drilled like a half inch further than where it's mounted now but they're somewhat filled in and barely visible at the bottom edge of the bridge. Check out the pictures (plus snoop for my other threads about the bass for more pictures) and if you've got specific questions just shoot me a PM. I'm going to weigh the bass on a scale at work this week and update the thread. It's not a heavy body by any means, for what that's worth.

The gold anodized aluminum pickguard, raised "A' pole pickups, pickup shield, cloth wiring, pots, knobs, pickguard screws, and thumb rest screws are from a 2013 Fender American Vintage '58 Precision. Pickguard has a few small spots where the lacquer is slightly peeled away and has a few scratches here and there.

This also comes with a late '70s 'F' logo neck plate and black plastic gasket, neck screws, and '70s Fender 'maroon' thumb rest which I would imagine are original to the body. If not, they're cool older parts. I swapped on new Fender threaded bridge saddles to what I expect to be an older bridge piece (it came to me with Graph Tech saddles swapped in). Strap buttons and their screws are vintage-style Fender replacements.

Toss a good neck on this and have fun!

Loaded body weight = 5.70lbs

EDIT: SOLD to aetheldrea, thanks!

[del]I'm asking $375 $400 $450 $475 $500 shipped in the 48 States.[/del] The body will be packed carefully and securely, and I'll ship it out USPS Priority or UPS Ground depending on cost and how close you are.

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. g4string

g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Any idea on species, ash or alder?

4. no clue, really, but it's a pretty light body... i should get around to weighing it

5. g4string

g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    weight would be nice.

6. bump. I tossed this on the shipping scale at work this evening... 5.70lbs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.