Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: CAR Benevente Vintage Vortex 5-String

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by natrab, Apr 14, 2005.

1. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    SOLD

Yep, it's Big Joes. I spent some time with it and it's just not my thing. While the wider string spacing is nice in some aspects, it's just not my thing. I've realized I love my Turner Electroline and that's all I need. I found out from Brian that this Benevente has Suhr electronics. I never really spent enough time with it to find my tone.

[​IMG]

Here's a link to the thread where I bought the bass:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168353&highlight=benevente

Anyways, it's in the exact condition that I bought it, which is excellent. Still comes with the incase slim bag and the original box.

I'd like to get $1400 US shipped or lower if you're local. I did pay to get it set up and had the frets cleaned up as they expanded a little in the trip from Big Joe to me.

You guys know what an excellent bass this is. I'm sure it's right for one of you out there.

2. deftim69

deftim69

Jun 11, 2003
    How is the B string on this?

3. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm not the expert on B strings as I'm not really a 5 string player, but it sounded good to me. Even volume with all the other strings. Plays just fine.

4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    The B is as good as it gets, IMO! Tight and defined!

Nathan, I'm sorry the bass wasn't your cup of tea. If I didn't have signifiacnt financial obligations right now, I'd gladly take it back from you without a second thought.

The p-ups, are actually Dimarzio's. I had them switched out right after I bought it. The Suhr's that were originally in it crapped out shortly after arrival. As for the preamp, I was sure it was a Benavente, but I could have been mistaken... :help:

5. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    What Big Joe said ^^

6. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I'm sure it's a Benavente preamp, but which vintage is the question. There was the first that was like a Demeter, then Suhr was making the next batch, and now, there's the current new design that I think he's sticking with.

7. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Bump price drop

8. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    They're DiMarzio Ultrajazzes and the back of the neck is silky smooth satin.

9. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Bump.

About to put it on the evilbay.

10. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    $1400. Someone please buy it :O

11. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    still nothing? Am I way off base with my price or something?

12. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    What does the "CAR" mean in the title?

13. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Candy Apple Red

14. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest