1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Carvin B800 Bass Amp, Like New $300

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by SonofDadBass, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonofDadBass

SonofDadBass

Sep 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Amigos,

You all know the sad tale: Band broke up, everyone got married and now pushes strollers instead of gear.

:crying:

I bought this amp new and direct from Carvin a few years back before they discontinued it. I used it about 10 times paired with an Aguilar GS212 cab. It has a great sound and a lot of power. It is in excellent condition and does not have a scratch on it.

I am downsizing to a combo situation and have no need for this amp head anymore. I would love to pass it on to someone who would appreciate it.

Here is the original ad as it appeared in the Carvin catalog Carvin museum.

Here is the spec sheet (PDF)

The amp has been living in the garage, snug and comfortable in a Dukane case with carrying handles and a shoulder strap. If you want it, I am happy to include the case for free. I will also throw in a Monster speaker cable and a Neutrik speakon cable.

For pictures please go to http://carvinamp.weebly.com/

I am asking $300.

I would love to do a local sale for cash. I am located in central New Jersey, very close to Rutgers University. If not, I will ship it to continental US in exchange for a USPS money order. Buyer pays shipping costs. No trades please.

Priority goes to locals, if that is not possible then we default to a shipping situation. Then, I will contact the first person who contacts me and then on down the list.

Thanks for looking and take care,

Daniel

2. jmbjandfam

jmbjandfam Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Foxfire Village N.C.
    I may be interested in this. How warm is the tone since there is no tube preamp. I am looking for a powerful deep warm tone.

3. Quackhead

Quackhead

Jan 17, 2012
    Elk Grove, CA
    It is warm, but maybe not as warm as an all tube amp. It is a great head. I used to own one.

4. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    I think chef is looking for one of these. Pm him or look in the wanted section?

5. Johnbass92

Johnbass92

Sep 28, 2011
  6. Johnbass92

Johnbass92

Sep 28, 2011
    not cab, amp head, duh, lol

7. SonofDadBass

SonofDadBass

Sep 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    The amp has a pretty warm tone for being a solid state, IMHO.

Also, sale is PENDING. Thanks for all the interest. If the sale falls through, I will update.

Daniel

:bassist:

8. SonofDadBass

SonofDadBass

Sep 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    The amp has been sold to Chef.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.