1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Carvin B800 Head - Original Owner - MINT!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Dave-in-TN, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave-in-TN

Dave-in-TN

Apr 21, 2008
    Tennessee, USA
    SOLD!

I ordered this baby from Carvin in March 2007. It's been lightly used for home practice and a few band rehearsals and jam sessions since then. It' never been pushed hard, and it's never been exposed to smoke or spills. Not a nick, dent, scratch or blemish of any kind on it. You can hardly even see any signs of use on the rubber feet! I don't have the original box, but it will come with original heavy gauge power cord and owner's manual.

If you're looking at this, you probably already know, but here are the power ratings on this gem:
    • 300W @ 8 ohms
    • 500W @ 4 ohms
    • 800W @ 2 ohms
    Asking $325 plus actual shipping from 37660 OR will trade straight across for a Boss GT-10B. Not interested in other trades.

Here are a few pics. More available upon request:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dave-in-TN

Dave-in-TN

Apr 21, 2008
    Tennessee, USA
    Still available...

3. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    This is one smokin' amp......

4. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Hope that it's not "Magic Smoke":D

dcr

5. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    GREAT AMP at a GREAT price! I've owned 2 and will NOT part with my last one, EVER!

6. Dave-in-TN

Dave-in-TN

Apr 21, 2008
    Tennessee, USA
    No magic smoke here! Just a mint condition well-pampered amp. Thanks for the bump!

7. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    I meant that in the best possible way!! I have a B800 & a B1500, and think they're the most underated amps ever. I will never, ever part with them either.:bassist:

8. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Actually, that was also my way of subscribing to this thread. I'm kinda on the hunt for one o' these!

dcr

9. Dave-in-TN

Dave-in-TN

Apr 21, 2008
    Tennessee, USA
    Dang! You guys are making me reconsider wanting to sell it. I'll leave it for now, but, if someone's interested, get it before I change my mind... :)

10. GaryLC

GaryLC

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    You don't see these come up very often, if I hadn't picked up the B1500 as my second amp, I'd be all over this! And I might yet....:ninja:

11. buckminster

buckminster Banned

Apr 29, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    I just picked one up. It will see action for the first time this weekend...

12. Dave-in-TN

Dave-in-TN

Apr 21, 2008
    Tennessee, USA
    Lots of talk, but no action... I'm going to be using it for a jam session with the guys this morning. Somebody take this thing and make sure today is the last time I use it! :)

13. Hi Dave... why bother selling it?? I've test-played that particular model at the Carvin showroom several times.. It's fabulous with lots of headroom. You should also consider putting an ad on Raleigh/Cary N.C. craigslist.. Lots of money in the Triangle Area. Best of results to you man... :smug:

14. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I'll take it.

15. Dave-in-TN

Dave-in-TN

Apr 21, 2008
    Tennessee, USA
    Oh hold pending payment...

16. Dave-in-TN

Dave-in-TN