1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Carvin Bass LB70 - modded pickups and preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by arbitrary, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arbitrary

arbitrary

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Carvin LB70:

I'm selling this to afford a newly purchased bass.

I ordered this from the Carvin factory on 5.31.05 and it has only left my house once to get pickups and preamp replaced. I have never gigged with it; it is in fantastic/mint/condition; no scratches, nothing, flawless.

I (meaning took it to a luthier) replaced the stock pickups w/bartolini 9k1's (top contenders in the bass player shootout and ran me $130 for the pair ) and replaced the preamp with an aguilar obp-3: Bass, mid (push-pull mid freq), treble, pan, volume, and passive/active switch (also about $130 for the pre).

Features: Mahogany body, flame maple top, greenburst (looks a tad darker in person), rounded body edges, 5 piece maple neck through w/ walnut stripes, neck through not shown on top, no fingerboard inlays, matching headstock, stainless steel frets, rear battery compartment, black hardware, staplocks and orig. hardshell case.

I figure since I've upgraded the electronics tremendously I'm asking $800/OBO plus shipping, paypal ok, US only; and like I said this bass is in exceptional condition. Before I upgraded the electronics, this cost me around $1200 from the Carvin factory.

Thanks,
    Eric

If you want some more pictures just let me know

100_2393.jpg

100_2395.jpg

100_2396.jpg

2. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Calling Major Metal!

Bump for a great guy who is trying to fund a better bass than he deserves. :p :bag:

3. arbitrary

arbitrary

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Aint that the truth?!!!

4. arbitrary

arbitrary

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    So Im gonna bump this one last time. I'm looking to get $800/OBO.

Let me here those offers! The worst I can say is no.

SOLD!!!!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.