1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Carvin BX500 w/faceplate

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Envincibal, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Envincibal

Envincibal Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Philly, PA
    I just scored a great deal on a BX1500, so one of my BX500's must go... $310 shipped /Insured CONUSA / PayPal - ****** SOLD ******

If you've check out the threads about these heads here on talk bass, you'll head some great things, and I fully agree (that's why I had two of these and sold my Genz MAX 12 and stayed with the Carvin: Genz is sweet, don't get me wrong, but the Carvin, well, just check out what other are saying)... I can't say enough good things about this head: light weight, tons of power, goes down to 2 ohms, and lots of fine tuning (contour, compression, para EQ, and a graphic EQ).

I just used this about 2 weeks ago in a 4 hour jam session and worked flawlessly! The jam room we were in sucked all the top-end and upper mids out of the room, but I had no problem dialing them back in :bassist:

Like other BX500's, I have had to reseat the ribbon cable on this one as well (I ran into this issue when I was going to sell it about 6 months ago... just a simple fix was all that was needed: open the top, reseat the ribbon cable, close it up again and play... play loudly!).

It comes with the faceplate & screws to attach the faceplate to the BX500 only (there are no 'handles' on the faceplate) - it should look just like the combo amps (check here to see what the faceplate looks like: http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/BR510).

I just gave it a full and thourough workout... testing every jack and option (I couldn't test the 2Ohm button becuase the only cab I have here at home is a GK NEO 212 8oHm cab, but I had used it previously with my GK and my 4oHm berg)... everything works perfectly.

Production info on Carvin website:
    http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/BX500

I've been very busy lately and haven't been as quick to respond to messages lately, but I will get back to you... also, I am heading out of town (DC/Balt area) later this week.

Thanks!
    Jon

Attached Files:

2. Deepwoods

Deepwoods

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    How old is this unit? How often do you need to re-seat the connection? Thanks

3. Envincibal

Nov 22, 2008
    Philly, PA
    its about 3 years old, and I've only had to reseat it just the one time. I found about the ribbon cable issue in, I believe it was the thread on the BX500.

4. Kellymack

Kellymack Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2011
    What's the DI sound like?

5. Envincibal

Nov 22, 2008
    Philly, PA
    The DI is pre-EQ and sounds very clear - I used it the other day, plugging into my FireStudio.

6. Envincibal

Nov 22, 2008
    Philly, PA
    up

7. MostlyBass

MostlyBass Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    I have a BX500 and love it!!! Just did two outdoor gigs this weekend and the thing ruled and I the volume was never above 4.

8. Envincibal

Nov 22, 2008
    Philly, PA
    PMs responded to

9. Time Consumer

Time Consumer

Jan 27, 2008
    Joliet Ill.
    Pm'd it

10. Envincibal