1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Carvin LB75 Five String Bass In Tobacco Burst-$600 Shipped!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Vintage Guy, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Sold this two weeks ago to a local buyer. He could not adjust to a 5 string. I traded him out of it yesterday,so back on here it goes for another shot. This is a super clean 1990's Carvin LB75. Looks to be virtually unused with just a few minor scratches,and a small chip on the side of the headstock. Has active 9 volt electronics with a push/pull active/passive pot. Hipshot bridge,neck through,and string through body for great sustain,and Sperzel tuners. Very light bass! Just restrung it with new GHS Custom Shop Round wounds. Super straight neck with smooth,low action. Will come with the original Carvin hardshell case. Will also come with a nice black leather strap,and straplocks. Case has a softball size dent on one end. Looks like it got near something hot. This is a great bass for the money. The only trade I may consider is for a MM Stingray 5 with a maple board,and some $ from me. $550.00 shipped CONUS!

Attached Files:

2. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    More Pics!

Attached Files:

3. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Last of the pics!

Attached Files:

4. Quackhead

Quackhead

Jan 17, 2012
    Elk Grove, CA
    Wow, that's a great deal on a clean bass. I wish I had the cash!

5. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
    Do you know what the body wood is?

6. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Looks,like it could be an Alder body,but Ash was an option also. Bass weighs 9.0 lbs.

7. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! Supporting Member

A very nice bass, brother C !!

8. Brianvw

Brianvw Supporting Member

May 12, 2011
    Man, I wish I had the cash!

Great TB'er to work with here -- I did my very first transaction with him. :)

9. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    This is a really good deal.

USA Made
    Active 3 band EQ
    Neck thru
    Quality hardware
    Quality electronics

All this for 600 bucks...

10. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Thanks my friend. If this bass had a bolt on neck,it would be in Argentina now. I have a buyer down there that has purchased several Carvin bass's from me. Because of shipping costs based on size limitations,I have always shipped stuff disassembled to him. This is indeed a steal on this bass. I have not seen one on ebay like it go for $600 shipped!

11. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Very interested. How's the response on the B string? Any issues with hum or buzz from the pickups? I'll be up in Pennsylvania just northeast of Philly the weekend of the 29th, so maybe we could meet and save you some $$ on shipping?

- thanks

12. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr. Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    This is what you call a DEAL!

13. You'll love the necks on these. I have a '97 LB75, and to be honest, it's r-i-g-h-t up there with my pre-Gibson Tobias 5'er in playability. In fact, with the tung-oiled neck, I like how the Carvin feels, as opposed to the Tobias. Really tight, focused B, too. These have the asymmetrical necks, too. These are such great basses.

14. lbbc

lbbc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Seaford , DE
    I have a Carvin SB4000 and am tempted to buy this 5'er...Carvin is such great gear! I'm in Seaford....not that far from you....

15. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    PM answered. 19 mm string spacing,1.75 @ nut,2.75 @ 24th fret. J99A Pickups and three band electronics. Can ship to NY Fast!

16. pica

pica

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    I can't believe this bass hasn't sold yet. Bump for an awesome bass.

17. ShirazBop

ShirazBop Gold Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Wow!!! Value Bump!!!

18. LeeHend

LeeHend

Jun 6, 2008
    Dublin, CA
    I have a very nice 95 MusicMan Stringray 5 that I might be temped to trade for your Carvin. My other bass is a custom Carvin BB75 and I love their products. Email me and I'll send pics of my MM 5.

Lee

19. MatrixClaw

MatrixClaw

Oct 6, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Too bad this isn't a fretless, or I'd be all over it :(

20. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    May be interested in a trade for an American "P" four string and some $ from me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.