1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Cheap Genz-Benz Neo-Pak 3.5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bassmodder, Dec 18, 2011.

1. I bought this after I sold my Fender Studio Bass amp to a fellow TBer. Any way, the idea was to get back into the worship gigs again but that did not happen and I ended up building my own tube bass amp in the time that gig would have taken...
    6533462085_1470ac6a63.
    Neo 2 by Medium T2, on Flickr

The amp is thin and light (about the size of a VCR) and fits perfectly on top of my Epifani PS 12 copy. Very loud and never pushed but always complimented in terms of size and tone. I logged a grand total of about ten hours on this amp in the last year I owned it after completing my tube head. Time for her to move.
    Please be advised that after sitting for a while there appears to be some static in either the controls or in the background when you play. Knob twiddling seems to make it go away after it warms up although it was not there when I put it away last... She might need some cleaning and/or service at GB or you may need to just play the dang thing and blow the cobs out! The amp is playing perfectly as I type this... Yes, I am that talented!

$275 to your USA (con) door!:eek:
    Oh, and Fedex if paypal'd. You bet!

Here are the specs from Genz
    Ultra light 8-1/2 lb design

Analog 12AX7 tube preamp

Digital SMPS (Switch Mode Power Supply)

Class A/B high current power amplifier

Active EQ w/ parametric mids

3-band signal shape circuit

Tuner out

Active/passive input

Limiter circuit

LED status indicators

Speakon and 1/4 in. speaker outputs

Thermally sensing fan cooling

Full XLR direct out interface

This does not have the 2 ohm mod done but all the reading on TB indicates this is free.

2. Had a few offers but this is still here for the time being.

3. This is sold pending payment.

4. Payment sent