1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

(( FS CHEAP - Traben Chaos Attack 5-string w/Aguilar OBP-3 and HSC - SOLD ))

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Shooter McGavin, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Shooter McGavin

Shooter McGavin Dam you people. This is golf. Not a rock concert..

Jun 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    If you're in the market for a budget-priced, good-quality bass - here is your newest consideration:

Up for sale is my Traben Chaos Attack 5-string in "Whiskey Burl". I purchased this back in August of 2009, and it has recieved very light use at best, as it has been my Bb-tuned practice bass only.

Cosmetically, it is a 9.5/10 - when in all actuality, I can't really find anything wrong with it at all. I'm rating it at 9.5 to simply reflect the fact that it isn't new.

I have updated this bass with an Aguilar OBP-3 preamp at 18V, complete with mid-frequency selector switch.

This bass is extremely loud and punchy - likely due to the OBP. Multiple usable tones, great B string, and super sustain - the 5-way selector switch really provides several distinctly different voicings.

Here are the specs directly from the Traben site:

BRIDGE chaos internal bridge
    SCALE 35"
    CONSTRUCTION bolt on
    PICKUPS two rockfield® humbuckers
    ELECTRONICS (now OBP-3 with mid-frequency switch)
    CONTROLS three-band eq with volume and five-way switch
    BODY royal paulonia
    TOP burled maple
    FRETBOARD rosewood
    NUT synthetic

String spacing at the bridge is 19mm. Weight is approximately 8.8lbs according to the 'throom scale.

I am including a beat-up, but serviceable non-original HSC.

Asking $300 - For Sale ONLY - not interested in ANY trades of any kind, thx. (need $$!!)

Photo album located at : Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

100_0462.jpg

100_0463.jpg

100_0474.jpg

2. Evan Ciambrone

Evan Ciambrone

Nov 22, 2006
    I vouch for Traben's being great basses- once they are set up they play like butter, AND a UNBELIEVEABLE PRICE! Someone should definitely snatch this up.

3. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    pm sent...

4. Shooter McGavin

Jun 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    SOLD to Big Top Bruno.....!! THANKS!!

:bassist:

5. ModulusQ5-122

ModulusQ5-122 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    how much did this sell for?

6. Tracebassplayer

Tracebassplayer Sometimes Darkness Can Show You The Light.

Dec 15, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Yeah, How much?:eyebrow:
    We like to know for later reference when someone goes to sell theirs.... The Forum asks that you leave the price up when marking SOLD... ;)

7. Shooter McGavin

Jun 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Sold for $300.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021