Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS:Cherryburst Elrick NJS-5 from NAMM 2002

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by C-5KO, Sep 13, 2005.

1. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Ok. Here we go again.... Many people have drooled over this bass (from afar)... now's your chance to actually drool on it in person! :D

PRICE DROP TO $1799

shipping included. Sorry no trades this time ;) .

This bass has to sell ASAP!

Specs:

Alder Body
    Bolt-on Maple Neck - 24 frets
    Exhibition Grade Quilted Maple Top
    Quilted maple headstock laminate to match
    Birdseye Maple Fingerboard
    Chrome Hardware
    Aero Custom Wound Pickups
    Birdseye Maple pickup covers
    Demeter Active Preamp

The bass now has Chrome knobs!!!! Check out more pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MORE PICS!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v106/JasonFan/Elrick NJS-5/

Soundclips!
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=630885&T=5207

Review of the bass (by Lokire)
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200619

I would like to thank Lokire for all his help.

2. kelbrihan

kelbrihan Banned [Deceiving users with multiple usernames] Banned

Dec 2, 2004
    Wow, this bass has been passed around more than a crack pipe at Marion Barrys house. Who's turn is it now, single file line guys. Seriously, is this bass cursed?

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    What the hell? Wasn't Lokire posting soundclips of this bass just yesterday? When did it get to you?

4. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    LOL.

Actually... I'm having Lokire hold it for me until it sells. I can't afford to ship it to Canada and pay taxes/duties/brokerage fees (close to $400US), just to turn around and ship it back to the US (assuming it's a US buyer).

5. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    ROFLAO.

Just saw your post. My response to Kelbrihan expains everything. I'm just notching up Elricks under my belt!!!!

As soon as I sell this one, Rob's got another order coming! I had to hack up my Jazz, sell off my EA CXL110's, and trade my Singlecut for it. Let's just say nobody I'm giving presents to this Christmas will be getting what they want... :hyper: EXCEPT ME!!!! :hyper:

6. Just to clarify, for those of you still scratching your heads... :p

C-5KO and I have traded basses in a sense. I'm getting his Singlecut Elrick and he's "getting" this one. I'm just holding onto the NJS for him untill it sells. That way, he won't have to pay the steep fees to import it to Canada. So the money from this sale will go to C-5KO and I'll ship the bass from here in the US (Washington state).

Hopefully that makes some sense.

After much debating, I've decided that this bass (the NJS) doesn't have the sound that I'm truly after. And though I'm sure a different set of pickups / pre would help, I don't really want to put the money into it and go through all that. The wood combo in C-5KO's Elrick on the other hand is perfect for the sound that I'm looking for.

I doesn't sound bad in any way, and for a couple songs I recorded with it, it sounds perfect. It's just a style of music that I don't usually work with. Here's a full song I recorded with it:

2 Million People

I also had it profesionally set-up by Mike Lull last week. He did a great job, it plays fabulous. :bassist:

And the lineage of it so far is...

Vanselus
    Gruuv
    Eggman
    Lokire

It's in wonderful condition. Only a couple small dings by the 1/4" jack which I'll take a picture of today. And it comes with a G&G HSC which is very nice. A nice and tight fit, with locking latches. I don't have the keys but any small case type key should work.

7. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Beautiful bass folks. This has to be the perfect bass for somebody out there!

8. You just can't leave these two alone in a room together...

[​IMG]

9. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Whoa! :eek: What a great picture.

Even being solely a 6 stringer, if I had the cash I'd pic this up in a heartbeat. And by the way, Lokire, when you go to the low B on that tune it kills me! Great place to go low and what a solid B string as well. What kind of strings were on it when you did the recording?

10. That's the best part of the song ;)

It's definatly got one of the best sounding B strings I've ever played.

According to Gruuv, they're Sadowsky Steel strings. Tapered B string. Not sure how long they've been on there but they still feel and sound just like new. :bassist:

Here's different "demo" take of part of that song:
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=625223&t=1145

The bass part is a little more busy and up-front in the mix. I recorded that one Direct, with no EQ or effects. Pickups panned center. So that should give you a good idea of its natural tone. :)

11. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Man, I still love this bass, if I could've kept it I would have. Glad you got some pictures with the chrome knobs too, looks sharp! :cool:

I'm not certain about the strings but I'm pretty sure Todd told me they were Sadowsky Stainless, which means those are the same strings that are in the basstasters.com clips. Nice!!! They seem to hold up remarkably well. For me, the bass would've been absolutely perfect swapping the Demeter pre for a Sadowsky pre. Something with a passive tone option has become indispensable for me. Ah well, I still hold out hope that I've got the cash to buy this one back some day when I'm rolling in $.

12. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey, if you sell that 5 string Elrick with the Rosewood fingerboard, you can buy this one back :smug: .

13. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Unfortunately, the cash from some of the gear I'm selling has other more "domestic" destinations. . . no new gear purchases for me for a while I'm afraid :crying:

14. Anyone up for a swim? :)

[​IMG]

15. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    if this was i toronto C-5KO i would buy it.
    my ken lawrence was pushed back another 3 months :eek:

16. What are the specs on your KL? I absolutely love mine :D (see pic a few posts up)

17. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    5 string Brase 2 fretless /w a katalox board
    ash with cocobolo top
    oil and wax finish
    custom passive Aero single coil and RMC piezo bridge

18. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    *Gets electrocuted trying to clean drool off of keyboard* :help:

19. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm guessing it will take you awhile to recover from being electrocuted.... soooooo feel free to send me your Brazilian Rosewood Elrick. ;)

BTW: just talked to Rob today. I'm going to try to squeeze a small deposit, so he can start my new six. Then WHEN this bass sells, I'll finish off my payment. :D

20. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Ok. No more fooling around.

This bass has to sell ASAP. I'm going to send my deposit to Rob within the next few weeks.

PRICE DROP TO $1799