1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Composite Crazy 88

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by VegasGutPlucker, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGutPlucker

VegasGutPlucker Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Chicago
    For sale is a Crazy88 Bass Speaker Cabinet built by Mike Arnopol. It utilizes 2 8" Italian Faital woofers and one tweeter in a lightweight composite cabinet to deliver the sweetest, strongest, cleanest tone I've ever heard. These Faital woofers are sweet, with ~9mm of cone excursion, they move a lot of air. They really move! Low notes are clear and strong, high's are brilliant, but the mids are probably my favorite thing about this speaker. Music played off an iPod through my AI head sounds great. This is a fantastic full range cabinet.

This Crazy88 weighs 20 lbs making it extremely easy to carry. Mike Arnopol isn't working with this lightweight composite anymore, so this is your chance to get a Crazy88 made light, not made of wood. Don't let the weight worry you, this thing is strong and loud.

Rated about 500 watts, but can probably take almost anything you dish out. Fdeck or other high quality HPF strongly recommended for high volumes, and/or electric bass. I've used this almost exclusively with upright bass and found a HPF unnecessary in my gigging situations, using the Erhlund. When I was trying the Full Circle, a HPF was a must because of the extended low response of that pickup. This speaker is very honest about the low end, so be careful. Haven't met a sound guy yet who wasn't impressed with the clarity and volume of this speaker.

Details:
    Two 8" Faital woofers,
    One tweeter
    Two Speakon connectors
    Hand Strap

20lbs
    13" x 11" x 22"

Asking [DEL]$750[/DEL] [DEL]$675[/DEL] $650 shipped UPS ground, tracked and insured, CONUS. No Trades.

Attached Files:

2. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Fantastic cab; I love mine!

Good luck with the sale. :)

3. VegasGutPlucker

Oct 14, 2008
    Chicago
    Price drop $700 s&h conus.

4. VegasGutPlucker

Oct 14, 2008
    Chicago
    Price drop to 675$ shipped and insured, ground UPS, CONUS. All other locales pay actually shipping, please refer to dimensions in ad to calculate approximate cost.

5. VegasGutPlucker

Oct 14, 2008
    Chicago
    bump o the day

6. VegasGutPlucker

Oct 14, 2008
    Chicago
    pump.

7. VegasGutPlucker