1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Conklin Custom 1993 6 string w/ flight case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ballison, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRICE LOWERED EVEN MORE!!!!!

I am going through financially difficult times, and I unfortunately have to sell my baby. this is a custom built Conklin 6 string sidewinder bass that was built in 1993. a picture of this exact bass is still in their catalog. find it on www.conklinguitars.com this is one of the best sounding and smoothest playing basses I have ever played or heard. this is NOT the groove tools model. this is an original custom built bass built by bill conklin.

features bartonlini 3 band active pickups, fully adjustable Kahler bridge, gold hardware, and a brass nut. Victor wooten has signed on the back of the headstock but if you dont want it there, I can remove it without harming the finish. there are a few scratches on the bass, but nothing substantial and if you are interested, I can send you more detailed photos. the only flaw, is the concentric pot for the treb/bass was pushed through the wood during shipping. I took it to a luthier and had him patch it up with a piece of rosewood that isn't even noticeable unless you get right up to it. two of the tuners I had to replace but otherwise all the hardware is original. included with this bass is a custom made road case by modern case company that fits the body perfectly and is incredibly strong. Im not too sure about the woods used, but I know the fretboard is brazillian rosewood, and there is lacewood on the back. the neck is a 7 piece neck and is super stable. thank you for checking it out!

If you live in SOCAL, I can deliver it to you, but if not it does have a flight case. when shipping, I'll make sure the concentric pot is unscrewed and stored in the body so nothing is damaged.

ASKING $2500 OBO

2. here are the pics

IMG_2329.

IMG_2331.

IMG_2333.

IMG_2335.

IMG_2337.

IMG_2338.

IMG_2339.

IMG_2342.

IMG_2343.

IMG_2344.

IMG_2347.

3. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I always wanted a Conklin 6. They only made the GT series in 4-, 5- and 7-strings.

Bump for a great company and a quality bass.

4. any questions, please dont hesitate to ask.

5. PRICE LOWERED! I wont reject a reasonable offer

thanks!

6. bump...once again all reasonable offers are accepted

7. TRBman

TRBman

Jul 9, 2006
    Paris, France
    Hello,i love Conklin basses,
    i've a GT7 B.D.signature and i feel so good with it,
    is the kahler bridge ajustable for a 19mm strings spacing?
    the body bottom near the bolt-on neck joint seems thick,is it real
    or a photo illusion?

Thanks.

8. the Kahler bridge is fully adjustable for any string spacing, and it does look a lot thicker than it actually is in the photo. it really is a normal thickness

9. That is a really awesome bass!

10. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    full specs please?

11. TRBman

TRBman

Jul 9, 2006
    Paris, France
    ...and radius fingerboard,please,thanks!

12. not sure on the radius. its a pretty flat neck. 34" scale, 3mm tall frets. 6 cm wide at nut, 8.7cm wide at 24th. lemme know if you need any more info. not sure on the wood types

13. last bump before it heads to Ebay...thought id give you guys first pick at it

14. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    6 inches wide? What's the nut width, width at the 24th, string spacing?

15. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    you must be measuring wrong. It couldn't be 6" nut width and 9" at the 24th. That would be the width of a 12 string bass with that string spacing!

16. Musta been a typo...I was just repeating what I said earlier. When I get home from work I'll measure it

17. TRBman

TRBman

Jul 9, 2006
    Paris, France
    Would you be ok to trade for a Warwick CustomShop Thumb b.o.6 strings broad-neck?
    You can watch it in my posting thread,thanks:)

18. Would love to, but I really need the cash. I would be willing to trade for recording equipment only

19. TRBman

TRBman

Jul 9, 2006
    Paris, France
    Thanks,ok no problem and
    free bump,arff...anyway i'm very tempted:)

20. sorry about the confusion, the neck is 6cm wide at the nut, and 8.7cm wide at the 24th fret. the string spacing at the nut is 10mm, at the 24th fret the spacing is 15mm, and at the bridge pickup it is 17mm string spacing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.