1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Conklin GT-5 w/ Aguilar, Bartolini, gold

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Bassism, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Lately, my GT-5 has been sounding a bit "modern" for me. So, I've decided to sell it and move on.

The bass has been upgraded extensively. An Aguilar OBP-3 with switchable mids has been added, as well as Bartolini MK 1 pickups. Also, all the hardware has been replaced with gold. I imagine the result isn't too far off a custom Conklin might sound/feel like.

The bass is in near-mint condition. There are some very light scratches on the treble side between the neck and pickups from some overzealous slapping. There is also a small mark on the neck pickup for the same reason. Neither of these are noticeable from more than a foot away, and you could easily buff out the sctractes if you were so inclined.

Sorry, I don't have any pics, but she really is beautiful with the gold hardware.

I'm asking USD$750 plus shipping. I'll also include a set of Conklin Snakeskins with about 2 weeks wear on them.

2. Down to the night club...