FS: Cort Curbow 6 string bass, $300 OBO - SOLD

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by MacheteJames, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Hey folks,

My Cort Curbow 6 is up for sale. I don't have any pics as I don't have a digital camera, but it looks just like the one in the picture.

It plays really nice and is great for advanced techniques like tapping, chording, soloing, etc.

Here's what it has:

Bartolini MK1 pickup, 3 band Bartolini preamp w/ mid contour switch, Dual truss rod-equipped Canadian Hard Rock Maple neck w/ Ebonol fingerboard, lightweight Luthite body. It's strung with DR Lo-Riders at the moment.

It's in excellent shape and the only thing wrong with it is that one of the 3 screws for the truss rod cover is missing.

I really want to keep this in the Talkbass "family", since I received it as a trade from another TB'er about a year ago.

Hit me up with an offer or any questions. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. bump...

oh yeah I forgot to mention, there's a gig bag included.

Seriously, this is a great bass and I want it to go to a TB home.
  3. metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    what does OBO mean?
  4. Or
  5. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Hey Machete - did I trade that one to you? I think I did...

If so, i miss that bass. You wouldn;t be interested in a different trade for it, would you? ;)
  6. Hehe... actually I might be interested, man... PM me. :)
  7. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    man, do I wish I could get this one. I played one today at GC and I fell in love, it's actuslly the only bass that has given me that feeling yet. and at 300 bucks! Whoever doesn't take up that offer (if they can) is insane!

love the sound, love the looks, I don't get why you're letting it go...

good luck, maybe I'll convince my mom to let me get it.

8. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    def. interested james.......
  9. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Pity you're in the wrong continent, played a 4 and 5 a while ago and adored it, they ran out of stock otherwise I'd be speaking to you as an owner now. How much would shipping to the uk be, go ahead and tempt me :D. Obviously as a bolt on, you can destring it and send it in seperate packages. I've had extended range GAS for a bit now, tempt me lol. Oh btw, one last thing, what's the string spacing like, I like my strings reasonably wide but so long as it's nicely spaced for slapping that's cool with me.
  10. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Ok I admit this thing is giving me quite bad GAS, if you can get a reasonable shipping quote I'd be very interested.
  11. Hey folks... the string spacing is around 16.5-17mm, pretty standard for a 6. In all honesty it is a little on the narrow side for slapping, but with some practice you'd probably get used to it. It actually sounds great slapped, it has kind of a hi-fi tone to it.

I'm letting it go for just one reason: I got a Warwick Corvette 6 last month and I've gotta recoup some of its cost, being a poor student and all.

As far as shipping to the UK... I will look into that, I have no idea what the shipping might cost actually, hmm...
  12. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Just measured my current grind, at the bridge it's around 17mm which is pretty narrow for a 4er but I can slap all over it so sounds like the Curbow could suit my technique nicely. Still very interested.
  13. Someone just snapped the bass up, so it looks like its sold, everyone... thanks for all your inquiries!
  14. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Well just in case it falls through I'm most definatley still interested.
  15. Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    Paypal'ed MacheteJames last night. Can't wait! O the wonders of talkbass. Out with the old (berg nv610), in with the new.
  16. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Have fun man, the Curbow is a great bass for the price, if you ever want to pass it on, you know who to PM first :p. Oh well, there's $300 saved, more into the fx and new cab fund. Be sure to post and tell us how you get on with it.