1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS Crest CA-4 power amp $350!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jady, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    You all know what this is, PRICE DROP $350+shipping in CONUS

Crest CA-4 Power Amp

The CA4 professional power amplifier is designed to achieve unsurpassed sonic performance and long-term reliability--even when operating under extreme stress--in touring or fixed installation applications.

The CA4 provides tremendous value in proven amplifier technology. CA4's form the backbone of discriminating rental systems and high-power club installations worldwide.

Auditoriums, churches, regional tour sound companies and mobile DJs are all ideal candidates for the CA4's combination of value and sonic quality.

The CA4 provides economical access to the premium sound quality of the Crest Audio Pro Series.

Professional power-handling capabilities and exceptional low-end response make this amplifier an ideal choice for installations and touring applications that demand the finest audio quality.
    • Crest Audio's legendary "overbuilt" power supply
    • Toroidal power transformer
    • Latest generation of high-speed, wide-bandwidth output devices
    • Twin tunnel cooling with back-to-front air flow
    • Dual, variable speed DC fans
    • Massive, extruded aluminum heat sinks
    • Balanced XLR and 1/4-inch (TRS) inputs
    • 5-way binding post outputs or Speakon connectors (market dependent)
    • Stereo/parallel/bridged mono mode selector switch
    • Ground lift jumper
    • ACL (active clip limiting) prevents speaker damage with gentle gain reduction at clip threshold
    • IGM (instantaneous gain modulation) monitors connected loads to detect conditions that may overstress output devices
    • AutoRamp gradually increases gain to attenuator setting level when amplifier is turned on
    • TourClass also includes comprehensive thermal management; and short circuit, DC voltage, turn-on/off transient, current inrush and sub/ultrasonic input protection
    • Input sensitivity selection
    • Recessed, stepped attenuators
    • Front panel circuit breaker switch
    • Modular construction
    Specifications:
    Cooling:Dual Variable Speed Fans
    Current Draw:6.8 Amperes
    Damping Factor:550:1 @ 8 Ohms
    Dimensions (W-D-H):19 x 18 x 3.5 Inches
    Distortion:<0.03 SMPTE-IM
    Frequency Response:20Hz - 20kHz
    Input Connectors:XLR & TRS
    Input Impedance Balanced:20 k ohms
    Input Impedance Unbalanced:10 k ohms
    Output Circuitry:Class AB
    Output Connectors:5-Way Binding Posts or Speakon
    Power Rating 2 Ohm Stereo:500 Watts
    Power Rating 4 Ohm Bridge:1000 Watts
    Power Rating 4 Ohm Stereo:435 Watts
    Power Rating 8 Ohm Bridge:830 Watts
    Power Rating 8 Ohm Stereo:250 Watts
    Rack Units:2 U
    Weight:41 Lbs

2. DubHunter

DubHunter

Feb 15, 2008
    Columbia Gorge
    jady, if i were to run this into an 18 and 410 set of eden cabs, would i have ample power? I really don't know enough about running stereo or bridged. I feel like this is a great deal on reliable power.

3. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Oh yea. If they are both 8ohm cabs you will get 1000W or if they are both 4ohm you will get 435 into each. This amp has pushed plenty of air. I used to run a Aggie 2x10 and a 1x15 and never had my preamp past 12 oclock. With my El Whappo I never had it past 10 or 11.

4. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Oh for pete's sake people, I need to pay off my Bee Bass repair. Anyone!?!?!?!?!

5. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Bump

6. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Bump, make me an offer!!!!!

7. jady

jady