Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Crest LA901

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Maverick Blues, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Maverick Blues

Maverick Blues Being a Thumper is all about ATTITUDE!

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    I picked this up used in May of last year to serve as a backup, but liked the LA901 so much that it became my main amp! It's done great for me, but I recently lucked into a more powerful amp and I'm going to let this one go.

The Crest LA901 is rated at 280 EIA watts into 8 ohms per channel, 350 into 4 ohms per channel, 750 into 8 ohms bridged (which is how I ran it -- a great fit for my Avatar B210 Neo). 2U high, 14" deep, 1/4" TRS and barrier strip balanced/unbalanced inputs, 5-way binding post and barrier strip outputs, thermostatically-controlled cooling fan, etc.

Both the original owner and I tried to take good care of this amp, so it's pretty clean -- slight chipping of the finish where the rackmount screws go etc., but no major "rack rash" scratches on the top or bottom as you so often see. Comes with the manual and a full schematic set I obtained separately (because at the time I planned on keeping this baby!)

I'm not interested in making money on this -- I only want out what I put into it ($175) plus shipping. I got a heck of a deal, which means you can too.

Attachment is front and back view of the actual amplifier.

Thanks for looking!

'rick

Attached Files:

2. tommysalami

tommysalami

Jul 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    What's the wattage bridged at 4 ohms?

3. Maverick Blues

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Thanks for your interest.

The LA901 isn't rated for bridged operation into a 4 ohm load. Each channel would then see a 2 ohm load, and it's not a 2 ohm capable amplifier.

Here is what the manual says on the subject:

Cheers,
    'rick

4. Maverick Blues

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    SOLD! Thanks for looking!

'rick

EDIT: Changed from "probably sold" to "sold."