Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Custom Bass !!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by David-Adler, May 6, 2001.

1. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Hi,

I´ve got that thing for sale. Looks a bit nasty, but sounds great and plays even better:

[​IMG]

Very Thin Neck, plays incredibly fast. Perfect for slapping thinks and rocky stuff...
    Its a total custom piece: Ash Body, 5 Piece Maple/Mahogany/Maple/Mahogany Neck with Rosewood Fingerboard. Custom Kent Armstrong Singlecoils.

Price and Shipping to US (from Europe) negotiable, new price was $2000, I would think about the deal from about $550 excluding shipping. Any Trades for 5-Strings could be interesting, too (especially Fender or Music Man, maybe Spector)

Drop me a mail (david.adler@cn-media.de) or PM or post here.

David

2. Why are you selling it so soon? It seems like just yesterday you were going on and on about how great it was.

3. nirvanarules28

nirvanarules28

Mar 7, 2001
    That bass is awesome!!! If it was mine, it would have a different paint job though........ oh well, its still sweet! Sorry though, I dont have the money to buy it........ good luck

4. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Hi,

I have to many basses (5 Now) and I want to reduce it to two fours, a five and a six.

David

5. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Come on guys, I let it go for $500 but come on ! This thing was about $2000 new.

David

6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Why are you keeping a Johnson?

7. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Its my first bass !

I equiped it with a new (slim) neck, and Bartolinis, its a tone monster now...

David

8. theJello

theJello

Apr 12, 2000
    If you paid $2000 for that thing you got ripped off.

9. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    one question! (no offense to you or anything)
    if you had that bass custom built, why did you have it painted so damned ugly! (no offense)
    just wonderin!

sam