1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS ~ Custom built Treker Prostar Five ~ $699.00

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jazzyitalian, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    Pay no atttention to the $699 asking. I've now lowered the price to $599 because I need to get this out the door. This is a 2003 Treker bass that my brother and I received as a partial value trade-in for one of our custom basses we made and sold to one of our customers.

The Bunkers (Dave and his Dad Bob) have two brands between them called: Bunker Guitars and Treker Guitars. http://www.bunker-guitars.com/about.html and http://www.trekerguitars.com/. Dave founded Treker which is this bass.

I am not too familiar with these basses. All I have to say is what is itemized below. You can always look at the Treker website. The Bunker's are known for inventing a tension-free neck system. They also call it a "floating neck". It's supposed to provide better relief to the guitar.

Here are the specs on this bass as given by Dave Bunker Himself:

Construction:
    1. Neck through the body 5 string bass.
    2. Five wide String spacing 3" 24- 1 ¾-r
    3. 34 inch scale. 14 inch radius.

Wood:
    1. Ebony Fretboard, Side dots only.
    2. Swamp ash body wings, Five piece maple-rosewood- maple- rosewood neck.

Hardware
    1. Black Hardware.
    2. Adjustable bridge.

Electronics:
    1. Bartolini music man sterling style pickup
    2. Three position pickup switch (single, parallel, series)
    3. Two band EQ volume shield electronics

Now the finish on this as best as we can tell is tung oil.

The total paid for this bass in 2003 was $1295.00. Add the SKB Molded case, and I would suspect the price approached $1,400 for the whole shabang.

I have inspected the bass, and it's immaculant save and except a very small blem at the top of the headstock which is easy to repair and we will take care of it. The case is equally in excellent near new shape. This was well cared for over the last 3+ years. The bass really sounds quite nice. Lots of warm clean tones.

I've attached two photos, and here is a link to a full album of photos:
    http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jazzyitalian/album/576460762404641109

Okay...So NOW I'm asking only $599 for this one which includes the case. That's less than half the price of these new. Shipping is extra.

Pay Pal works for me. However, I'm in no postion to entertain any trades for this bass. It was already a trade-in for one of our custom basses.

If you want a high quality custom bass in "nearest new" condition at a thrifty price, this one might be for you.

Please email me with any questions you might have. I'll try my best to answer them.

Thanks,

Jazz

2. that is one hot bass

3. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    I live just down the way from Dave's place. He builds great stuff!

4. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks...What a great neighbor to have...You should invite him over for a grill out. :)

5. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    FYI, There are TWO Dave Bunkers. Dave Bunker Senior is the one who makes "Bunker Guitars" (previously of PBC). Dave Bunker Junior is the one who makes Trekers. They both use the patented "tension-free neck."

Consider this informational post a free "BUMP". :)

6. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Is the Treker still available? If so, what is the lowest you can go on this beauty?

7. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey Thanks for clarifing!!! You see..I really don't know that much about these basses. Other than the fact that they have a pretty sweet sound.

8. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Dude, this bass is killing me. Dave's stuff is so nice, I don't know any other custom bass builder that starts from scratch like he does. He even goes out into the forest and cuts the trees down himself here in Utah, or up in the Northwest. His yard is full of lumber.

9. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    I know...I just read through his website last week and saw the same thing. It is truly amazing the lengths Dave goes through to make these basses from scratch. I am a bit envious in so much as we are not able to make ours from the tree. What kills me is that from what I can tell in terms of the price for these basses, this one is low. VERY LOW... But then again, I need to move it to get out from under the costs incurred from the one we made.

If it's still killing you, give me a ring. I'll try to work something out with you.

Jazz

10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Nice bass. I wish they had some high res pics on their websites!

11. falco9

falco9

Jun 26, 2007
    Toronto
    PM sent

12. falco9

falco9

Jun 26, 2007
    Toronto
    its kinda hard to tell on the pictures but why is there only one pickup on the website the prostar 5 has two

13. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    This was a custom ordered bass. So it has one pickup because that's what the original owner requested.

Jazz

14. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Bump to a new lowered price of only $599.

As everyone knows, Yahoo has shut down it's photo service page. Apparantly, I also no longer have access to editing my original post to remove the Yahoo Link. Sorry for the inconvenience for those of you that have been clicking the Yahoo link in frustration. I guess them are the talkbass rules we all have to live with. Oh well...

Anyway...I have a new photo account with PhotoBucket. The new thread is here: http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q...20Prostar V/

Thank you for your understanding. Jazz

15. binky

binky Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2004
    PM sent

16. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    PM answered.

17. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Treker is sold to Mr. Tarquin.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.