1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: CUSTOM Koa Turner-Renaissance Ampli-Coustic 5 string Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kotzman, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    Hello again TB crowd. This a completely customized all-Koa Turner-Renaissance Ampli-Coustic 5 string unlined fretless, in mint condition.

Turner's description of this model:
    http://www.renaissanceguitars.com/renopener.html

It has recently been set up and intonated by Rick Turner himself for the LaBella tapewound strings that are presently on the bass. The standard set up is for Thomastik-Infeld Acousticore roundwounds that come on these instruments, but in my opinion are inferior to the LaBellas for this kind of fretless bass. These have much more depth and acoustic power to my ear.

The flamed koa wood on the body is just off the charts! It was a complete custom order, from the woods used to the satin finish. The fingerboard is a lovely dark ebony, over a gorgeous flamed maple neck. There is a matching koa veneer on the the headstock, and a very nice tortoise and mother of perl binding on the body.

It plays like a dream, the neck is a breeze and the LaBellas give it either a very thick upright type tone, or a snappy solid body tone depending on where you play the strings, and what tone setting you have chosen.

THE TONE IS FANTASTIC!! Though you can achieve the above mentioned tones, it really is its own animal. Not like anything else I have played.

The scale length is 35" and the weight is 5.5 pounds.

Did I mention tone? Unbelievable.

Why do I want to sell it? I don't. But... I am playing mostly upright, in an effort to achieve some level of mastery there, and this beautiful piece of art and craftsmanship is just sitting in the closet. I have been on the fence about it for a long time, but I have decided to let it go.

Now... I have $3000 into this and I can't take that much of a loss on it. I know that you can find this model used for less, but believe me it is not the same thing as this one. I have played several of them and this one is not at all in the same legue. It is much better all the way around.

For you: $2400 shipped [to the lower 48]. paypal, paypal e-check, cashiers check, USPS moneyorder.

The ONLY trade I MAY consider would be for a Rob Allen deep four of similar quality, or a Mouse 30 + cash. Maybe.

Thanks for looking my fine TB friends!!:hyper:

Attached Files:

2. Oooh, thats pretty.

3. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    more pix..

Attached Files:

4. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    and more...

Attached Files:

5. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    last one..

It has an active pre-amp, notched volume and tone.

Attached Files:

6. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    Thanks Dave, yes it is quite a thing to behold..

7. Incredible.:eek:
    For those who haven't played them, Turner's basses are sleepers -- world-class craftsmanship all the way. The Model One I had was one of the best basses I've ever played.
    Good luck with the sale!

8. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    Thanks for the good words Kungfu, it really is a fine instrument.

9. :eek: man i wish could buy this.

10. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    Bump... Did I mention the tone and playability of this thing?

11. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    Come on guys, this thing is the bomb!!! bump...

12. Giraffe

Giraffe Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, California
    That is really a beauty. I haven't been able to be without one of these instruments since the first time I picked one up. I get lost in the tone, and my bandmates do, too. If you've never heard one, you won't even believe it at first.

13. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    Thanks Tom, I couldn't agree more. I am just playing the upright for an acoustic sound right now, and hopefully getting the hang of it.

14. Wow, you have wonderful taste in koa!!!

15. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    Thanks, I really love the tone that koa wood gives any kind of musical instrument, even solid body ones. It really produces a soulful sound in my opinion.

16. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    I will be on a camping trip from 8/5-9, and will not be accessing the internet. I will reply to all posts, pm's, and emails after that time. Thanks.

17. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    back from the wilderness bump..

18. Really beautiful!
    If you would accept payments through wire transfer, there'll be 1 less bassist with GAS. ;)

19. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    bump...

20. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    Traded away, thanks for looking!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.