Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Custom NYC Sadowsky V4

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by rusty, Apr 25, 2005.

1. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    I hate to do it, but I've got to pay for my nordie, so this has to go :(

This is one sweet bass - she's got an alder body that's custom routed for both J/J and P/J configs. That's like 2 basses for 2/3 the price of a new one! ;) And yes, she comes with 2 pickguards and 2 different neck pups :)

She also has a gorgeous slab of brazillian rosewood fretboard
    I'm not too sure, but IIRC ordering an identical one would cost you $3600. I'm asking $2700 plus shipping - No trades please.

I'm shipping from Singapore, but I'll chip in $100 for S&H. Depending on where you are, shipping will probably run you about $120ish.

The bass is almost in mint condition - no scratches or dings whatsoever. She only has a little rust on one of the tuners. Nothing a little polish won't clean up!

It will be shipped in it's original ultralight case.

P/J setup

[​IMG]

BACK | FINGERBOARD

J/J setup

[​IMG]

FRONT | FINGERBOARD | BODY

Feel free to pm/email me for more info/pics.
    Thanks!

2. BOING!

3. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Paging JRBrown...where are you?? :)

Nice bass.

4. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    For those of you who are put off by the shipping, if you're willing to wait for 2 or 3 weeks, I might be flying up to the states depending on how some things turn out over the weekend :D

I'll ship it to you from there - I'm not sure how much shipping will cost then, but I'll peg it at $50 :D
    Lemme know if you're interested!

*Ping* JRBrown :bag: ;)

5. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Very nice.

:help:

6. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    FWIW, I'd like to say that I've done several deals with rusty and he is a fine guy to do business with. NCI in this sale, but i know that some folks may be put off by the Singapore address. Don't be. Very sweet bass, btw....

Pete

7. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Thanks Pete :)

It's more or less confirmed that I will be flying up to CA sometime mid may to pick up my basses at Carey's, so shipping will be $50 if we close the deal before I fly.

Payment will be by cashiers cheque or money order to Carey (Nordstrand). I'll ship her off the moment it's confirmed that the money is cashed, so there's no need to worry about magical disappearing money in S.E.Asia :)

8. Just wanted to mention my "other" Sadowsky is a twin to this one (#4018), only it has a Swamp Ash body which is what I was after and mine is J only. I also have a Alder PJ4 which is killer. The Brazilian Rosewood is very sweet and getting harder to aquire since I believe it is now protected.

Anyway... just bumping for a nice bass. I get compliments on my sound and classic looks constantly. (on the bass that is)

9. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Price drop... now $2600 plus shipping

10. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Ok - it's confirmed. I'll be arriving at LA on 09/05 (this coming monday). If anyone in the US is interested and wants to save on shipping, you've got till sunday to act :D

11. Wow. That is one Georgeous Sadowsky :hyper:

12. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    12h and counting...

13. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    Are you flying through Guam on your way there from Singapore? If so I may need your flight number :ninja: