1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Custom USA Fender AV RI Jazz Bass Pickups with raised A&D poles

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by johnk_10, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    selling a set of new Fender american vintage reissue Fender AV RI Jazz bass pickups that i performed my A & D raised magnet pole piece mod for matching the fingerboard radius (and MUCH better string to string balance). These are the pickups that come stock in the USA reissue basses as well as ALOT of the custom shop models.

IMO, these are the best p and most authentic pickup that Fender offers. i made eight beveled magnet shims for the A & D strings that are .040" thick, glued them on and put a drop of lacquer on all of the magnet pole tops. they have their original ful length cloth covered wire leads on them. their DC resistance measures 7.42K (neck) and 7.8K (bridge). this is a GREAT sounding set of jazz bass pickups.

The other mod that i did was for their appearance. IMO, the new pickup covers are WAY too glossy, so i gave them a satin finish by sanding them with 2000 grit sandpaper and then slightly re-polished them so they look like original 60's070's Fender pickups.

i'm asking $90 shipped in the contUSA for the pair. (paypal is fine)

Jbass-AV-RI-pups01.jpg

Jbass-AV-RI-pups02.jpg

Jbass-AV-RI-pups03.jpg

Jbass-AV-RI-pups04.jpg

Jbass-AV-RI-pups05.jpg

2. johnk_10

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    bump for price drop. now $90.00 shipped contUSA.

3. Mooblar

Mooblar

Jan 9, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    Hi John!

I'll be having these if they're not spoken for!

4. johnk_10

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    Hi David,
    yes, they are still available. i PM'd you.

thanks,

5. Mooblar

Mooblar

Jan 9, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    Payment Sent!

6. johnk_10

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    SOLD! enjoy the pickups!
    thanks!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.