FS: Customized Fender MIM Jazz Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by HiFi, Aug 14, 2004.

1. HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    Well, seeing if there are any interested parties in a bass I recently assembled. I put it together thinking I could use it as a backup but have rethought my financial standing and probably can't afford to keep the bass as great as the tone is.

The bass is white with a maple neck/rosewood fretboard. The bass is currently passive and has two Fender jazz pickups; one in the standard neck position, another slightly above it. In the bridge position a Seymour Duncan Musicman style Basslines pickup has been installed. It now is like a jazz bass on steroids and the Basslines pickup alone sounds great, and there is a lot of versatility soundwise. Like new chrome control plate, and the controls are wired volume-volume-volume/tone stacked with the jack also on the control plate. The bass had a Leo Quan BA II bridge installed, and also has a chrome pickup cover over the middle pickup like on the Marcus Miller (because I like the look).

The parts have some wear from use, the body being the worst but not that bad all in all. The custom routing done isn't the greatest, but add a custom pickguard (from wood or whatever) and it will cover up most of the blemishes. Someone on TB is sure to be able to help in that area.

The tone is awesome and the bass has a lot of power. I had to adjust my amp volume each time I switched basses because the bass is fairly loud.

Not sure what the asking price is, but I'm thinking in the $300 + shipping range. If parted out this bass is worth that much at least. Feel free to email me at okaygregbg@netzero.com or PM me for pics or with questions. Thanks.