1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS:Daion Style MIJ Cort Active Neck Through - Rare!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    PRICE DROP TO $400 OR BEST OFFER!!!!! THIS HAS TO SELL!!!

I am selling a very rare and unusual Cort that I believe to be Japanese made (it might be Korean-- I am still doing research) with active PJ electronics and neck through construction. It is in almost flawless condition save for one small nick by the upper strap button that I tried to photograph for you below.

This bass has many design characteristics similar to the Daion's which you can read about here.:

http://home.att.net/~daion/

I suspect this Cort and the Daions made at the same factory in Japan but cannot be sure as little information is available about these guitars. I know Cort made guitars in Japan early on and then later migrated to Korea and the similarities to this bass and some of the older MIJ Daions is uncanny. It was quite common in those days for multiple companies to contract the same factory which would spew out instruments with similar designs and components for added efficiency. For example, consider the Matsumoku factory which produced for Aria, Vantage and Westone. Those three lines had very similar construction and all had identical headstocks!

Note this bass has a similar electronics configuration and construction to the MkX (right down to the shortish headstock) and the same exact bridge and pickups as the Savage. Check out those Daions here:

http://home.att.net/~daion/Basses.html

My asking price is now reduced to $400 shipped in the CONUS which is about 1/2 the going rate of the Daion Mk X and about the same as the Savage (at least that is what I paid for mine). Naturally, I am accepting best offers. I don't want to sell this bass but I do need to thin the herd to finance other acquisitions and endeavors. If you are outside the CONUS I am going to have to add to the price for the extra costs of shipping.

I would consider trades too but much prefer cash.

Thanks for looking and please PM me if you have any questions. Pics below:

RBM

Picture061.
    Picture062.
    Picture063.
    Picture064.
    Picture065.
    Picture066.
    Picture067.
    Picture068.
    Picture069.
    Picture070.
    Picture071.

2. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bump for offers.

3. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bump for offers. Anyone have a EBMM SUB?? I will consider any reasonable cash, trade of combo offer.

4. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    BUMP.

5. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bump for a rare and high quality MIJ gem.

6. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bumping for cash or trade offers. Possible trades that come to mind (fretted or freless):

-CASH! :)
    -MIA or MIJ Jazz
    -MIA or MIJ P
    -Aria Superbass
    -Heartfield DR5 or DR6
    -EBMM SUB
    -Yamaha BB5000, BB3000 or BB2000

7. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bump for $100 price drop!

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Cool bass. It also has many similarities to Vantage basses, made in the same Japanese factory. One big clue is the bridge, which is a Matsumoku design.

9. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Thanks.

Actually this is not made in the Matsumoku factory that produced Vantages, though this is very similar to the high end active Vantages.

I am not sure who made this bridge design but I have seen it on Old Dains, old Hondo's and even Old Kramers (US and Japan).

I am all over the web looking for more specific info but it is pretty tought to come by. I somehow remember this bridge being attributed to Schaller but I cannot confirm.

Stay tuned....

10. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    TTT

11. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    To the top for best offers. Cash or trade or some combo is fine. Whatchugot?

12. ampeglb100

ampeglb100

Oct 1, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Email sent.

Andy

13. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Replied...

14. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    BUMP

15. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    PM sent

16. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    In response to recent inquiries for additional specs:

The nut is 1 5/8" across. Wide string spacing as you would find on a P bass. In fact this exact bridge can be found on a lot of 80's import P-inspired basses like the old Kramers, Hondo and Daions.

The bass is confirmed to be a 34" scale

The neck is set deeper into a smaller body and there is a short headstock so the whole bass only measures about 44". It is also pretty lightweight.

I just strapped it on and because of the shortness it really doesn't have any neck dive to it despite the symetrical body shape.

Thanks.

RBM

17. It sure could pass for a Mat Factory bass but I'm not expert.

I have the same bridge on my Hondo that also came with original Grover tuners. They are an excellent, string through bridge.

Very cool bass indeed.

18. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Hey Neil.

It is NOT an Uncle Matt. I am 100% sure of that. But this is a great bass for sure. The equivalent active Vantages with the LED lights go for almost $600.

Thanks for the bump!

19. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bumpsky.

20. hyden

hyden

Jun 17, 2008
    How is this still here bump - great bass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.