1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Darkglass Vintage Microtubes

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Phantasm, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantasm

Phantasm I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Brand new, I am sticking with my B3K with a B7K in the mail headed to my door. MrExcane posted a great video demoing the pedal and this one needs a new happy home.

$240 shipped, Paypal accepted.

2. Kellymack

Kellymack Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2011
    I'll take it

3. Phantasm

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    PM'ed you with Paypal info, but have not heard back. Are you still interested?

4. Phantasm

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    No response, still available.

5. I'm debating it.. can you speak to how it differs in sound from the B3k? I've tried searching for an answer with little luck, any insight?

6. Phantasm

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    To my ears, the B3K is capable of a more top-endy, edgy, and aggressive tone. The Boost and the Grunt are components of this for the B3K and if you have a hard rock / metal type thing (which I do currently) then it's going to work out very well. I'm also not afraid to turn up the high end and cut some lows out for clarity, and the B3K has the right high end to do that without sounding "bad clicky." This is also one of the few items in my chain that causes me to boost the evil 200-300hz post, something I usually cut for clarity.

The Vintage has less edge and is more of a classic overdrive, with the ERA knob tailoring the EQ curve in a useful range. The sound is warmer and less sharp to the left and to the right it starts to get a little more cut, but not as sharp or edgy as the B3K. The Vintage can also get dirtier, thicker and nastier than people are lead to believe. We're not talking "big muff" type heavy, but like many vintage sounds, it can be fluffier and fuzzier than you expect when you take away everything else. It can also be set to a low level and the blend works much like the B3K, you set the distorted volume first with the level and then adjust the blend of clean/distorted with the blend knob.

7. Thanks for that! I think I'll be responsible and resist my GAS for the time being.

Still-up-for-grabs bump!

8. Phantasm

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    And sold!!! The Butler did it. He actually did!

9. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Qu├ębec
    Say what?

10. Phantasm

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    It was sold to thebutlerdidit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.