1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Darrin Huff Z4 Nearly Completed

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Charles Farley, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The sale of this bass in on hold. It is unclear when Darrin will be finishing this instrument, and I will both bump the thread and adjust the Estimated Date of Completion when he revises the timetable. Sorry and thanks for reading.

I am putting up for sale my nearly completed Darrin Huff bass. Asking NOT FOR SALE AT PRESENT (new low price as of May 18th!) if purchased now. This will include shipping if within the ConUS (the instrument is being built in Spokane). I am selling because in the years that this order has been in the works, my bass interests and needs have changed.

To be clear, if you buy now, you’ll send me the money (certified check or money order, sorry, no PayPal). Then I’ll tell Darrin that the bass is yours, and it will be shipped to you directly upon completion. The latest estimate for completion of this instrument is: “within 30 – 45 days,” from an email that Darrin sent me last week. If this bass doesn’t sell immediately, I will be selling it for much more when the bass is completed (FYI, Darrin’s new price list describes a bass with these specs starting at $5000).

Scale: 34”
    Frets: 24
    Nut: 1.5”
    Core: Walnut
    Top and Back: Bird’s Eye Maple with Flamed Maple and Peruvian Walnut laminates
    Racing stripes: Peruvian walnut/Flamed Maple/Peruvian Walnut
    Neck: Birdseye Maple with Walnut and Flamed Maple accents
    Fingerboard: Macassar ebony with fine maple and ebony binding
    Pickups: 2 NJSE’s with wood covers
    Preamp: 2 Band Aguilar
    Hardware: Black

Darrin knows about this sale, and can be reached via email if there are further questions about this instrument (darrin@dhuffguitars.com). Sorry, not interested in any trades at this point, as I am downsizing.

Here are various progress pics I have received over the years.

DH_1.

DH_2.

DH_3.

Body with Naptha
    DH_4.

DH10.

DH11.

DH_5.

DH_8.

DCP_4988.

DCP_4990.

DCP_4989.

2. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Bump for a KILLER Bass! I have a Z3, and words can not begin to describe the craftsmanship and attention to detail that goes into EACH of these works of Art.

On top of that, these basses play and sound Amazing! The woods work so well together to get a Bright, Clear tone, but still Beefy on the Bottom. Mine is surprisingly light, at 7.7 Lbs. But it sounds HUGE!

FYI, I don't think Darrin is planning on making any more Z3 basses, so this is an opportunity you won't want to miss.

3. lesclaypoolsob

lesclaypoolsob Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Kentucky
    Hey! I can see my rainbow bass in one of those photos! Bump for a great looking bass!

4. Still available!

5. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    +1. Mr. Farley has great taste for basses! Good luck with the sale.

6. No takers?

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

How many years?

8. PM's responded.

Still available.

9. Bump with price drop for quick sale.

10. Weekend bump.

11. scottm

scottm Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Nice looking bass!

Doesn't the builder have a website? I go to the link off of Google and it doesn't work.

-ScottM

12. scottm

scottm Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Cool.

Thanks! :bassist:

-ScottM

13. Pre-weekend bump.

14. Bump along with price drop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.