1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Dean Performer CE Fretless Acoustic Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Colonel Monk, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi ALL!

For Sale, Dean Performer Acoustic Electric Fretless. I bought this at Haight Ashbury Music a few years ago for $400.

I've played it very little, it's been more of a piece in my collection. Most of the time it's been stored in the factory box and packaging. It's in very good condition.

This is a very well-built instrument, at the price point the wood is beautiful and well finished. It came with Bronze Roundwounds which I replaced with flatwounds. It has a nice thunky woody upright sound with the flatwounds, and much more of a mwah with the rounds as you'd expect. Some other info and pics:

Spruce Top
    32" Scale & 1-5/8" Nut
    Chrome Die Cast Tuners
    Dean Preamp with Lo, Mid, High, and Presence Controls
    Mahogany Back, Sides and Neck
    Rosewood Fingerboard
    Abalone Sound Hole Inlay
    Multi-ply Binding

Sorry the pics aren't great -- my real digicam is out for warranty repair, so these were done with an old "click" cam.

Please be aware that this bass is NOT the Playmate series that you see in Musician's Friend. It's high quality, very nice finish, and in my opinion as nicely built as any Ovation. The 32" scale means you can actually play it sitting down! The 34" acoustics out there are difficult to play...

Price: $250 plus actual shipping, which looks to be about $35 USD.

Picture 1.

Picture 2.

There's one small nick in the top, left of center, below bridge, about an inch or so from the edge. Very minor.

2. mx23

mx23

Sep 21, 2008
    Do you still have this bass for sale ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.