1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Dean Performer Plus Black Acoustic Bass (Out of Production Model)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jazzyitalian, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    The Dean bass is sold....Sorry for not posting the pictures fast enough. I haven't had the time to learn this new camera. I didn't think that lowering the price by $25 would cause anyone to strike at it so quick. Whatever.

Price now lowered to $425 Shipped!!!

This is the Dean Performer Plus Model was a higher-end upgraded version to the regular Performer series. Dean ceased production of the Plus Model in 2004/2005. It is unique because unlike the current Performer models, this has slightly smaller and shallower single cut body making it easier to play on stage. The body dimensions and the length of the bass is very close to the Breedlove B3 Concert model.

This is becoming a more rare item and it always seems to get a lot of attention whenever it's posted on eBay. Here are the specs:

1. Select Spruce Top with Mahogany Body. High Gloss black color finish on the body, neck and headstock.
    2. Cream bindings
    3. Mother of pearl rosette inlays installed on the sound hole, fretboard dots, and the headstock.
    4. Fishman 4-band eq Matrix pick up system.
    5. 32" Scale & 1-13/16" Nut
    6. 22 frets
    7. Body depth 4.5 inches
    8. Black Dean Tolex hardshell case (no tears rips or scratches on it) Looks new.

In 2004 I had put a gloss finish on the rosewood fretboard and bridge to give it a full glossy look.

Conditionwise, I'd call this a 9.5 out of 10. I kept really good care of it. There is only one blem which is a thin indent on the bottom of the bass, and that will not show well in a photo because it never broke through the finish and is not a crack.

The bass is absolutly gorgeous with the poly finished fretboard and it sounds great unplugged.

In 2002 I bought the bass and case on sale for $550 and change.

I'm asking only $425 for bass and case, and the asking price does include shipping is to anywhere in the Continental US or Canada. If you are out of these two countries, then I'll credit $45 on the foreign shipping cost. I'll also throw in a seperate black self-adhesive pickguard if you feel like you want one to put that on the bass.

I'll put up photos soon. If you are interested in being alerted when those are posted, please feel free to PM me, and I'll make a point to PM back once the photos are up. In the meantime, here is a stock photo below.

Thanks for reading.

Jeff [/SIZE][/FONT]

2. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    Here is a link to a description and the photo I pulled for the Performer Plus model on a website I located. Surprise surprise, apparantly they have a new one for sale. It doesn't come with a case or the mods that I put on mine. It also comes with different electronics.

http://store.guitarplaza.com/deanperplusb.html

Either way, if bought from me or the plaza, I know someone will be very happy with this bass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.