1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS Delano JMVC5 FE Pickup $100

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by ExaltBass, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    The DELANO difference: Five massive 9,5mm ferrite stud poles capture every slight movement of your strings.

The humfree twin coil (twin coil in-line humcanceller) JMVC5 FE ultra fast transient five-string bass pickup features state-of-the-art transducer technology combined with avantgarde cosmetics. Strong bass, warm low mids, clean mid response with lightning fast attack and brilliant treble that stays right there from your most subtle into your heaviest playing even if your five string bass is drop tuned to subzero.

Installed and removed. (Paid $132 + shipping) Does NOT pair with MM pickup. :bawl: NOW $75 (original price was $100) Shipped CONUS and Canada.

DSC00626.

DSC00624.

2. What are the dimensions?

3. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
  4. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Bump

5. i'm really thinking about whether i want to upgrade my thumb or not...this would make buying the set a bit cheaper.

6. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Yes it would. It sounded awesome on its own, but had phase issues with the MM... Should'a got the single coil. (will if this sells)

7. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Price drop (was $100) now only $90.00 SHIPPED CONUS & Canada

This is a GREAT sounding pickup! :bassist:

8. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    I'd like to move this. It's an excellent pickup, it just didn't work in my Carvin with the MM pup. $75.00 shipped CONUS and Canada. basically HALF price with shipping factored. Buy the matching bridge pup and have and awesome combo at a significant savings.

9. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Still available - still $75 shipped

10. tubby.twins

tubby.twins Amateur Pickup Reviewer Gold Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Oregon
    Based on the image you've posted, this pickup looks to be longer than 92mm. Can you double check the length measurement and also measure the distance between the large polepieces?

11. alexlotta

alexlotta

Jul 1, 2005
    Triest,italy
    i have the same pickup ,not yet installed.92mm confirmed .

They sell a MM "matching" pickup to Yours ,
    which i have too (quad coil i believe),you can check the site.
    I wondered why a different MM version to match the Humfree Fe, now i think it's to avoid the phase issue you are getting.

12. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    The pickup is at work. I can measure it again and give you the pole piece spacing also at that time. Or, maybe alexlotta can measure his?

13. tubby.twins

tubby.twins Amateur Pickup Reviewer Gold Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Oregon
    I'm still interested, but waiting for the measurement of the polepiece spacing. I've got an idea in mind, if it's near what I think it is. :)

Alex is right - this one would have worked with the quad coil "MC5 FE/J" pickup. I'm not really sure why Delano's 5-string "FE" humcancelling pickups have the phase issue, while their 4-string equivalents don't. They must have had a reason for doing it this way.

But I've always had good luck with my custom orders from Delano. Maybe they'd be able to make you one that was humbucking AND could work with your existing Carvin pickup? All they would need to do is use two magnets instead of just one...

14. alexlotta

alexlotta

Jul 1, 2005
    Triest,italy
    Sorry i did read late .I don see any reason it would be a phase issues actually ,ajust i remember they sell "the custom combination" .
    Pole distance is 1.7 cm ,ears distance is more difficult to misure ,about 3,85cm.

15. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    BUMP - Still available

16. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    STILL AVAILABLE - Price drop to $70 Shipped CONUS

Or, any trade offers?

17. ExaltBass