FS: Demeter VTBP-201s preamp

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jokerjkny, Jun 12, 2003.

1. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    man, this one's gonna sting... :(

trying to save up for more home recording gear, and selling off my VTBP-201s preamp.

all that luscious Demeter tone in a single space rack. a few scratches from an occasional rack removal, but other than that, abfab!

all the goodies:

Two inputs are provided: Passive, for normal musical instrument inputs. Active, for high level active instruments. When both jacks are used the inputs are mixed equally.

Tone Controls

Treble: The treble control gives 6dB of boost or cut at 4 kHz (6 dB per octave, shelving type).
    Middle: The middle give 6 dB of boost or cut at 500 Hz (wide Q, peaking type).
    Bass: The bass control gives 9 dB of boost or cut at a selectable frequency of 60 or 120 Hz (6 dB per octave, shelving type).
    Presence Control: The presence control gives up to 12 dB of boost at a selectable frequency of 2 kHz or 4kHz (active type, 6 dB per octave).
    Bright Switch: The bright switch gives up to 6 dB per octave of boost from 2 kHz.
    Internal Volume Trimmer: This control is designed to match the output volume of the Tube Bass Preamplifier with the input sensitivity of any power amplifier.
    Studio Output: The Tube Bass Preamp features a Jensen DB-E output transformer for a balanced studio output.
    Tuner Output: This output is unaffected by controls.
    Mute switch: Mutes the audio out.
    Effects loop: Has in/out switch and level controls.

Input Impedance > 1 megohm
    Output Impedence < 10 kohms
    Min. Load Impedence < 2 kohms
    Maximum Output 20 Vrms
    Signal to Noise Ratio > 80 dB
    Total Harmonic Distortion < .1%
    Frequency Response 10 Hz to 40 kHz
    Filament Voltage 100 kohm load, 60 V peak-to-peak
    Power 270 V Fully Regulated B+
    Power 110 V AC
    Tubes 12AX7LPS
    Standard Rack Mounting
    Chassis Dimensions 1.75" X 19" X 10"

asking $500

email: jokerjkny@yahoo.com
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    if its good enough for Pat...

3. It's a great preamp at a good price folks.
    Are really sure you want to sell it Joker?
  4. ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    ok, let me think, what can i sell short of my children to get the $500??
    I would love to have it but am cash poor right now. If you still have it in a month let me know, but i'm not holding my breath since these babies are the shizzle ma nizzle.
  5. ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
  6. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    sheesh, i'll prolly be regretting this one as well, but ya gotta feed the GAS... :rolleyes:
  7. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    to bad i don't have the bread right now!!