1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Devi Ever Year of the Rat fuzz/boost - red sparkle edition!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by RCCollins, Apr 13, 2009.

1. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    as seen in videos by grygrx and spankypants of bassfuzz.com - it's the limited edition red sparkle finish Year of the Rat by Devi Ever!

I disagree about this being a "subtle" fuzz effect. It does keep low and midrange clean (and BOOSTED in a very fat and round, appealing way), but the high end fuzz is nice and tweaky sounding, with a touch of lo-fi crackle that teases heliotropey ring-moddy weirdness without crossing over into unuseability.

It's got tons of character and sounds as if it were designed specifically for bass. I would LOVE to keep this but I kind of had a fuzz overdose this week. I shouldn't have forgot to not remember if I took my meds before perusing the classifieds, I guess...

Now available for trade only

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Compared to a Zvex Fuzz Factory, where does this one fit? (though I loved your description, I'm "fuzztarded" a bit)

3. RCCollins

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    totally different fuzz character, and the low end retains definition with the year of the rat, unlike most fuzzes. check out the reviews on bassfuzz.com, there are tons of clips there too.

4. Let's get this amazing pedal back to the top...

5. Bump for a great TB'er

6. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    RC, would this be a good fuzz? Does it compare to the BBM, as we have PM'd about?

If so, I would like to buy from you other than anyone else. PM details when possible.

7. RCCollins

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    i don't think I'd recommend it as a first fuzz, but it's the kind of thing that could fit into just about anybody's pallette

8. I want this so much but I think it might struggle to make friends with my TZ-2...

9. RCCollins

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    In my experience, putting this box in front of other fuzzes works just fine. It is supposed to be a "clean boost", after all...

if anything, it might end up replacing your TZ-2

10. dakpluto

dakpluto

Oct 14, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Sounds pretty similar to the Hjart-Muller that I'm now loving to death RC. The Bass Drive -> FX20C has pretty much become my favorite thing now. It's like oodles of synthy-sexness.

11. RCCollins

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    glad you're diggin it! the H-M is a great drive and I don't know why they're not seen more often.

The yotr is both cleaner and fuzzier than the h-m bassdrive, if such a thing is possible

12. uglybrownshoes

uglybrownshoes

Sep 26, 2006
    pm'd