1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Dingwall Afterburner 1 Four String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xlows, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    Hey all-

Up for sale is the Dingwall AB1 I've been using as my workhorse for a while now. I bought it from Washishimi late last year. Money's been a little tight lately, so I've gotta let it go.

It's in perfect working order and sounds great. The only flaws are some scuffs on the lower part of the body. They don't affect playability at all and are pretty normal battle scars for how much gigging and practice this bass has seen since I've owned it.

The fanned frets take NO time to get used to (by which I mean about five minutes). It's very natural feeling almost from the moment you pick it up.

The bass has a very even string response and plays well all over the neck. The sound has been versatile enough to work with in many musical situations, including things as different as big band jazz and power pop. The variety of sounds obtainable just from the bass is remarkable (especially considering that it's passive), and with some amp EQ, I've been able to dial in almost any tone I've wanted to, including what I think to be a very close Justin Chancellor (of Tool)
    sound.

The only modification ever done to this bass as far as I know is that a Hipshot D-Tuner was added to the instrument. I still have original E tuning gear and will provide it with the bass (it also has straplocks, but I'm not sure if those were aftermarket or if they came with the instrument). Also included for the buyer will be a hardshell case and all of the tuning wrenches.

This bass is a real looker. It's in blackburst (basically purple) and has some really magnificent flames. More information about the model can be found here: http://www.dingwallguitars.com/html/products_afterburner.html

I bought this for $1475 if my memory is correct, but due to the little bit of cosmetic damage it's suffered since I've owned it, I'll let it go for $1300.(plus shipping) or $1500 shipped.

Now FT too. See post below.

Pics:
    DINGWALL-1.
    DINGWALL-2.
    DINGWALL-3.
    DINGWALL-4.
    DINGWALL-5.
    DINGWALL-6.
    And the ouchies:
    DINGWALL-7.

2. you have a pm

3. RBASS930

RBASS930 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    That's one of the few basses that I've regretted selling over the years. Bump for an amazing all around bass that I would have bought back had I not just picked up a Super J and not quit my cover bands!

4. Polk Salad

Polk Salad

Sep 18, 2007
    That is sweeeeeeeeeeet!

5. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    PMs replied

6. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    Thanks man, and I agree... I know I'm gonna regret this one down the line.

7. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    Price update.

8. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    I'll offer this up as a trade now too-

Looking for a five string Lull, Sadowsky/Valenti or anything interesting in particular, but hit me with whatever you've got (it can be anything, really- I'd rather see what people would want to trade than shoot anything down outright). A trade+cash would be fine too (on either side) if the right thing came along.

9. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

pm

10. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    Bump

11. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota