1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Dingwall SJ5 & Fender Jazz 5 Custom Shop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Chauncy, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Chauncy

Chauncy Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2012
    NJ "Southern Half"
    Dingwall SJ5: Asking $2,400 *******SOLD*******
    Recently got this one here on TB
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/f-s-dingwall-super-j-5-beautiful-959328/

Fender Jazz 5 Custom Shop "Sweetwater Special": Asking $2,200 *******SOLD*******
    Recently got this one here on TB
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fender-custom-shop-jazz-5-bass-special-violin-burst-936735/

Both currently have a new set of LaBella Flats.

Some notes on each since I have received them:

Fender:
    Only flaw are some hairlines running side to side on the body. They seem to be underneath the surface/finish as you cannot feel them with your finger. I believe this happened because the bass was cold (shipping) and being excited to get it I unpacked it and opened it right away. From what I have read this is common with this type of Finish (Obviously I read this after it happened). They are only visible in bright light. Also, I have ordered a new black pick-guard for this and it will be included.

Dingwall:
    After receiving this I had played it for a few hours and one of the fret wires just fell out. I contacted Dingwall and they were very puzzled. They sent me a few new fret wires and I took it to a local luthier. He spoke directly with Sheldon at Dingwall and they figured that somehow that fret wire was never glued in and/or set properly. It was fixed and one of the fret wires next to that one was also re-set. It was given a complete look-over and all is good.

2. frootbooty

frootbooty Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    This Dingwall keeps coming back to haunt me. I wish I had the cash

3. Chauncy

Nov 16, 2012
    NJ "Southern Half"
    The Dingwall has been sold.

4. Bump for my old F bass from Fretspot. I was sad to have to let it go but it was an absolute tone monster. I don't blame you for wanting to keep it and sell everything else. Best of luck!

5. Chauncy

Nov 16, 2012
    NJ "Southern Half"
    Reopening this thread as I have decided to keep one of my other basses and sell the Fender. I'll post pictures shortly.

6. lay a groove

lay a groove

Jan 21, 2008
    Medina, Ohio
    pm sent

7. lay a groove

lay a groove

Jan 21, 2008
    Medina, Ohio
    paypal sent!