Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD FS: Dingwall Super J

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Eggman, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    I posted this a while ago - got cold feet or whatever and pulled it.

I am posting again because I have finally figured out why I want to sell it. I am really into a passive (traditional/vintage) jazz bass sound - this one is more aggressive/modern than what I want. Think Jazz bass on steroids!!

Alder body, 5 piece maple neck, morado fretboard, active electronics with passive controls, Dingwall custom pickups.

Novax fanned fret system. Scale length is 32" on the G and 34.25" on the E. This bass is a breeze to play - fanning of frets is not an issue. Ten minutes and you'll be playing it like a pro.

This is one of the most comfortable basses I have every played. The neck is smooth and fast. Frets are in great shape. It is in excellent condition - no scratches or dings in the body or neck. Pickguard has a little fingernail swirl - can't see it much. Hardshell case included.

This is the first Super J off the "production line", the first natural and the first Super J with a Morado board.

Current list is around $3000. NEW PRICE (4/2/06) $1975 SHIPPED (US48). Certified checks or USPS Money Orders only..

Might think about trades - let me know what you have.

More pics at http://homepage.mac.com/billeggert/PhotoAlbum8.html

[​IMG]

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    *Doink*

This is an amazing opportunity for a bass that's super hard to get these days. The last dingwall only lasted minutes on this board...C'mon people a great deal on an amazing bass from a stand up TB'er.

Check out the Dingwall forum, Dudepit and TB for other threads about the infamous Super J.

3. Just to chime in....as a Super J owner, whomever buys this will NOT regret it!! Everyone around here who comes in contact with mine says it's the best bass they've ever played, myself included! Jump on it!
    Mitch

4. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    never played a dingwall super J, but have played many other dingwall models...truly fantastic instruments!!!

bump for a beauty

5. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Bump - before eBay

6. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    don't let ebay gave it!!! i wish i had the money :(

7. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Bump for my 400th post!!

8. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    another bump for all of those who wish we could own this.

9. groovaholic

groovaholic The louder the better. Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I've been thinking about getting an Ergo EUB and saw on the Dingwall forum that Eggman has one. So I sent him a PM and he invited me over to check it out.
    (It was cool, I'll be ordering my Ergo in a few days)

While I was there, he let me play his Super J. The bass is friggin' AWESOME, and I'm not a Jazz Bass fan. It's in better condition than most "new" basses; Bill has clear "static cling" vinyl on the front and back of the bass so that there are absolutely no scratches on it.

The neck has an amazing satin finish that feels downright slippery under your thumb--super fast. The tone is growly and punchy and clear and defined.

The price on this is a SIGNIFICANT savings over a new one and the ONLY indication that it isn't new is that you're buying it from a private party. This one is going to make someone's YEAR.

All I play is 5-string Dingwalls. If I wasn't in the process of selling off most of my 4-string basses, I might have to take the plunge on this one...

John

10. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks for the plug, John.

11. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Please don't make me put this on eBay!!

Offers?

Bump

12. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I own two Ergo EUB's(a 4 and a 5)and the 4th 6 string Dingwall that Sheldon made and I love it.

13. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    NEW PRICE (3/23/06) $2050 SHIPPED (US48). I would prefer certified checks or USPS Money Orders, but will accept Paypal (I'll pick-up the fee).

14. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    I found this posted on the Dingwall Forum site:
    http://www.dingwallguitars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=228
    ===============

Hey just found this from Ed Friedland
    http://www.vintagebass.com/thedudepit/showthread.php?t=13390

Quote Ed-"I just sent in my review of the Super J to tech editor Terry Buddingh, it'll run in the July issue (on the street probably late May...) I can't give away the punchline, but I will say....I LIKE IT! I recorded some samples too, you'll be amazed at how it goes from Marcus-slap to Jamerson-thump to Jaco-burp, all from the same bass.

While the construction and neck are all top notch, I'm really impressed with the pickups. The bass is amazing in passive mode (active ain't exactly slouchin' either.) Very cool bass.....""

So you better buy your SuperJ now, cuz when this reviews hit the news stand...expect delays

Congrats Sheldon- a well deserved Kudos
    frank
    Slurp...SuperJ#001

+++++++++++++++++

Get it before its hot:hyper:

15. bump for a Dingwall
    best basses I've ever played

16. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    I would trade the Super J. I would be interested in:

Sadowsky 5
    Lull 5
    Valenti 5

My bass is in 9.9/10 condition and would want a trade to be of equal condition.

17. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    For the love of god, people.

Someone step up on this beautiful bass!!!!

18. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Price reduced

$1975 shipped (US 48) Ceritified check or USPS Money order only.

Thanks.

19. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Off to eBay due to lack of TB interest....:crying:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.