1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Dirnt P-bass Artist Series $525

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mr.redpants, Apr 23, 2009.

1. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    FS: Mike Dirnt Fender Sig P bass (no, not a Squier). Sonically mint, cosmetically a solid B. If you are reading this, you probably already know that this is a slab ash '51 body with a '55 contour, 1.59 C shaped maple neck, CS '59 pickup and a Bad*** II bridge. Virtually unplayed Lakland rounds. Great P bass tone imo.

Warts: Apparently there are issues with some Dirnt necks - not this one. Straight and solid. There are a few dents (one back of bass, two on lower bout) and dings on the headstock and modest surface scratches. I hope to get pics up later today. The previous owner had some stickers on it that were removed. No residue from that, but if you hold the bass at just the right angle to a bright light, you can make out shadows of "Green Day" and "Star Wars" :p Not visible in any other way.

This has been my backup fretted bass - I'd love to keep it but I have a recording payment due soon. PLEASE don't tempt me with trade offers. Ships with a padded Fender bag, and I'm good at packing - according to recent feedback "he packed it well enough to survive an earthquake." $525 shipped CONUS. Color - black w/white pg.

2. droskobass

droskobass

Oct 8, 2007
    Montreal, Canada
    Former Part-Time, Non-Commission Employee MOOG Audio
    what color is this bass?

3. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    black body, white pg, rw board, natural headstock
    neglected to mention a bit of fretwear on 1st, 2nd and a bit on 3rd fret - no audible issues

4. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    to the top

5. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    now on hold through Monday for Eric ...

6. is this gone? Trades?

7. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    blender thanks -
    I believe it is still available, but I'm not 100% certain. Sorry no trades - gotta pay the recording bill.
    I left it on consignment while away on business and haven't received an email, so I think it is still available.
    - I'll check on Wed or Thursday and get back to you. Let me know if you want it if it is still available -
    Thanks
    Red

8. mr.redpants

mr.redpants

Feb 6, 2002
    Philly
    still available