1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS DIRT CHEAP Trace Elliot GP7SM 200 115 Combo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by fenderhutz, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Howdy folks,

I grabbed this used about a month ago and threw my back out last week at a gig moving it. I am back to light amps.

This is a made in the UK Trace Elliot GP7SM 200 115 combo. Probably late 80's Early 90's. Functionally it is 100% and the tone is to die for. I used it for a 3+ hour gig last weekend and it was flawless. Was loud enough to keep up with live drums and a guitar player with a 60 watt combo. I installed 4 new removable casters where the rubber feet were and placed the back rubber feet inside the rear wheel location so it can tilt back.

The downside. The tolex is starting to peel at the seam on the bottom rear (can be glued back with loctite outdoor silicone based glue, which I might be able to do) and prior to my getting the amp it was stored in a basement and has a slight basement odor. I looked inside the amp and cab and there is no funk to be seen though. Some of the corners are worn and showing a little rust as well as some of the screws. British Audio Service in the US sells the corners pretty cheaply and can replaced.

Functionally 100%, Cosmetically about a 6.5.

This would be the perfect amp to either use as a smoky bar gigging amp or even the amp you leave at a rehearsal spot.

Sorry for the bad pics, I will get better ones tonight. The dust off white color isn't that noticeable under the amp section but for some reason my LED flash on my phone made it look like a snowfield.

Traded!!! DC, MD, VA, WV. I work in zip 25419 and live in zip 25425. I don't mind driving up to 30 mins to meet up.

The only trades I will consider and maybe an even swap is for a decent direct box or an outboard bass preamp (Like an Eden WTDI etc).

Attached Files:

2. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Wow, sweetie of a deal. Too bad (good thing) I'm in RI or I'd consider doing something crazy.

3. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    PM sent

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    TRADED LOCALLY. Thanks Ed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.