1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: DOD FX35 Octoplus - Fat analog octaver!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by fightthepower, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    For sale only, DOD Octoplus: $35 shipped conus, paypal or postal MO **SOLD**

This Octoplus is a super fat octaver with -1oct, dry blend, and tone control of the suboctave(CCW is super fat and round, CW is more hollow and OC2-like). The pedal is in good shape for its age ('83) and the footswitch and battery door are in good working order as well. Sounds great!

SaleOctoplus2.
    SaleOctoplus1.

2. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    Good luck FtP!

3. jole

jole

Feb 10, 2010
    Syd, AU
    So do the two level knobs provide individual boosts for the octave/dry outputs (rather than just working like a single blend between the two)?

4. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Thanks!

Yep.

When solo'd and set to '10', the 'Octave Level' is at unity with the bypassed signal, and the 'Direct Level' offers a bit of a volume boost when solo'd. When both Octave and Direct levels are at 10, there is a significant volume boost.

5. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    Can it handle more than 1 note at a time?

6. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    Nope, you'll need to look into the digital (and more $$) domain for an octaver with any kind of polyphony. Analog octavers are monophonic, so just one note at a time or it will warble/glitch.

7. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    How well does it track with very low notes, very high notes, different playing styles?

Thanks!

8. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    It tracks about the same as any other analog octaver; clean playing results in very good tracking, and the lower you go- the less stable it gets. It becomes difficult to sustain notes with the Octoplus (and OC-2/etc) when you start going below the low A. It will track as fast as you can play cleanly and I think it is well suited to different styles of playing, though in my experience analog octavers are not best suited to pick playing-

Here is a quick clip of the Octoplus I made for someone in the effects forum a while back; it starts with clean+octave in a few settings, and then the solo'd octave (the description lists the different settings heard in the clip).
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=916770&songID=7840848

9. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    Yeah, thats what I thought. Wasn't sure if polyphonic was the correct term.

10. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    **SOLD**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.