1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS-DR Heartfield DR4 broken neck project bass. Friday the f#%&ing 13th strikes hard!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by seventhsunbass, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seventhsunbass

seventhsunbass Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    I put this ad here because, although the bass is a basket case, it is still a bass. That being said, here is the remains of my DR 4 after the headstock broke off last night at practice. :eek: Yep, Friday the 13th. This was dropped face first (I thought I laid it up securely?? :rollno: ) and it hit machines first, snapping the head from the neck. I have to say I was suprised to see where the truss rod ended, below the neck joint. I was also surprised that the Fiberglass reinforcement which was so highly touted on these was not the width of the neck like my MIJ Fender Power Jazz Special but is a narrow strip inserted where they cut out the back side of the fretboard :eyebrow: . The glue applied looked as if this was, in the words of my Pap, a 'Friday or Monday Pontiac' with not much adhering from the lack of, well, glue! Here is the DR Heartfield site for the specs - Heartfield Central - DR-4/5/6(C) I have included pics and can send more and larger ones upon request. This was my gig bass and had her last show on New Year's Eve. The electronics work great (loved the filter) and the sound through the Mesa 400+ was thunderous, all hardware works but I have no tyme for a re-hab so I offer it up here for someone to bring back to life or gut for a killer project. Asking $175 OBO, to me, shipped CONUS. Too high? Make ma an offer I can't refuse. I will detach the rest of the neck for shipping and include all pieces, wrapping and securing all for the trip. Feel free to ask any and all questions but please, hold the dumba## comments....trust me, I know I fugged up! :crying:

Attached Files:

• DR1.JPG
      DR1.JPG
      File size:
      64.3 KB
      Views:
    • DR2.JPG
      DR2.JPG
      File size:
      78.2 KB
      Views:
  2. seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    body shots....

Attached Files:

3. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Cary, Il
    :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

4. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass

Jun 19, 2009
    Norton, MA
    Duuuuude!

5. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    There's a crack between the E and G tuners to :(

6. seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    Yep, in the finish as that's where it hit face first. The tuners work fine and are not bent in any way as they impacted downward, again, face first. I once dropped my glasses and both lenses cracked the exact same way. 1 in a million hit? Go figure......

7. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Ouch. That's brutal, man.

8. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

9. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I don't know if it matters but a mid 90's ibanez SR neck "might" line up with those pocket bolts for anyone interested. Looks very similar.

10. seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    Potential deal in the works from the deep South........

11. seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    Awaiting answer from the first offer. If they do not respond, I will answer all other offers in order to be fair to all. Please be patient but this still on the block if you are interested.

12. seventhsunbass

Feb 14, 2010
    Maryland
    And she is headed to the warm and sunny South......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.