1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Drake Custom Dixie

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Mexican Jazz, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Price drop: 1450 shipped and insured CONUS in its hard shell gator case.

Here is the description from the builder, Andrew Drake:

This is Dixie, a 32 inch scale, 24 fret bass built for a customer out East. This bass is a great example of how less is more. The customer did not need fancy woods to be used on his bass as his main concern was function and playabilty. With just simple woods we came up with a classy looking easy to play bass. This is one of my favorite designs that I first used back in “09″ and get a lot of requests for this style.

She has a Rock Maple neck and fret board with a dual action truss rod and 2 carbon fibers bars for strength. Her peghead is laminated with Black Walnut. Her body is Soft Maple core with Walnut facing front and back. She is hollowed out inside and only weighs in at 7.3 lbs.

She has a Hipshot A style bridge, Ultra-lite tuners, and Ebony wood control knobs to round out her hardware.

The electronics package is a simple EMG 3.0 Jazz set with a 9 volt configuration. This setup is perfect for letting the true sound of the bass shine through.

She has a great feel with her fast neck and lightness of weight. Her nut width is 1.5 inches and she is 2.5 inches at the 24th fret.

A lot more pics here:

http://www.drakecustombass.com/dixie-101711

Selling because I'm not playing anymore and can't imagine this instrument sitting in a case in my closet.

$1600 shipped (CONUS) in a Gator hard case. Bass and case are mint. Thanks for looking.

Brian

Attached Files:

2. More of Andrew's pics. If there is anything in particular you'd like to see, I'd be happy to shoot photos. But the bass in mostly covered in the photos on Andrew's site.

Attached Files:

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Sexy!

4. Wednesday bump.

5. Thursday Bump.

6. I am in the market for a decent, affordable classical guitar, so I will open this up to partial trades. I’d be willing to take $300-$500 off the price of the bass for the right guitar. No more than that though, because I really don’t want an expensive instrument.

Brian

7. Bumped

8. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Nebraska
    Nothing better than Andrew Drake's craftsmanship!

9. Yeah, this really is a top quailityinstrument. The details are outstanding and the playability is killer.

10. Labor Day Bump!

11. Go ahead, make a reasonable offer.

12. Bump

13. Bump

14. bump

15. I'd feel beter selling this awesome medium scale bass here than anywhere else. So before I I list her on Craigslist or Ebay or anywhere else, I'll try lowering the price to an extreemly fair $1450 shipped and insured CONUS in her hard shell gator case.

Thanks for looking.

Brian

16. One more time...

17. Bump

18. Cyber Monday special...

19. Still looking for a good home...

20. PM me for a super deal.