1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Early Reverend Rumblefish 5L

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by VTSlim, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VTSlim

VTSlim

Jul 12, 2006
    Norfolk, VA
    I'm thinning the herd in order to finance the purchase of some recording gear. As a result, I'm selling one of my Reverend Rumblefish 5L's. I bought this bass about a year ago from Watspan. I've gigged with it a few times, but I've taken very good care of it. It is in very good condition overall with no issues. Cosmetically it is in excellent shape, other than the normal minor scratches you'd expect with an instrument that has actually been played. I inspected the bass as I was photographing it and I couldn't find any dings or scratches that would even show up in a photograph.

When I originally purchased this bass I remember that one of the Reverend serial # gurus here on talkbass indicated that this was one of the early models. Perhaps someone here can confirm that.

I am asking $900, which includes shipping and insurance to the lower 48. Paypal is preferred, but I will accept a money order as well. I'm not looking for any trades as I need to money to buy recording gear.

Additional photos can be found at http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g113/VTSlim_2006/Reverend Rumblefish 5L/

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Attached Files:

• web.
      web.jpg
      File size:
      29.5 KB
      Views:
    • web1.
      web1.jpg
      File size:
      32.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Sweet bass. I have number 79, and it's consistently been my favorite. Love these basses! (apparently, Joe Naylor did the final check on mine, too. That's pretty cool)

3. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Nice one. Looks to be a '99, from the first year they made fivers, AFAIK. Also has Joe Naylor's (head of Reverend) initials, so it would appear that he did the final going-over. Great bass.

4. watspan

watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    yes indeed it's a dandy--I just never adapted to 5's. Paul is a great TB'r to deal with too!

5. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    fish bump

6. VTSlim

VTSlim

Jul 12, 2006
    Norfolk, VA
    Thanks for the good review Watspan!

Monday Bump.

7. VTSlim

VTSlim

Jul 12, 2006
    Norfolk, VA
    bump

8. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Does this come with the Case?:bassist:

9. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Just had to chime in and say that Tony is becoming my new hero due to his aggressive 'fishing posture these days.

Rock on, Tony! :bassist:

10. VTSlim

VTSlim

Jul 12, 2006
    Norfolk, VA
    On hold for Reggae Bob!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.