1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: EB Music Man StingRay 30th anniversary

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thedude77md, Sep 18, 2008.

1. 9/26 price drop: $1175 shipped CONUS Paypal or bank wire only

I hate to do this b/c this bass is beautiful and sounds monstrous, but debt beckons....

This is a 30th aniv. Music Man StingRay. Awesome transparent crimson finish on a mahogany body. Bird's eye maple neck- check out the figuring! Crimson finish on the back of the neck and headstock too. It's also unique for a StingRay as it has a string-through body! Also included is the limited edition matching case (mint).

The bass itself is in excellent condition. There is a small ding on the top of the headstock (see last pic) and a small ding on the tummy contour. It's tough to see it in the pics as my camera skills are quite inept. If you want anymore pictures, just ask and I will do my best!

P9210117.

P9210120.

P9210121.

P9210119.

P9180092.

P9180098.

P9180110.

2. Price has been dropped to $1275 shipped CONUS- I need to unload this thing but can't afford to take too much of a hit. Seems no one wanted to negotiate. This is what I would have gone down to if offered.

3. Gorgeus looking 30th! If I didn't already have two of these, I'd immeditaley get that one!

4. Oh, y'know you need a third!

5. Ok, I really need to move this bass- price dropped to $1175 shipped

6. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

That is nuts! Used boring black SRs with maple necks are selling for that on the 'bay!

For the bass that Sterling Ball says is the best bass EBMM has ever made (check on the EB forum), this is a steal. This will be a $2k+++ bass in a few years.

The only reason I care is that I paid almost $2k for one less than a year ago.:spit: Still worth the $$$ though. Blows away any of the 7 or 8 EBMM basses I have ever owned.

SOMEBODY BUY THIS!!!!! I don't need a backup!:bag:

7. It is nuts! I was looking for one of these beauties for almost six months, about a year ago. Those rare one's selling were at high prices and gone in an instant. Now, they pop up all the time priced way under value.

I think the problem is that those who have never seen one in person have no idea how beautiful that finish is in person. The deep glow of that colour is very hard to catch with a camera. The craftsmanship is second to none. Also, they sound different than an standard StingRay. But in a good way. Tons of lower mids, deep growl with blooming harmonics -- at least three I had the chance to play.

And, did I mention they're beautiful?

So for all you StingRay lovers out there: If you want a 'Ray with a different voice, try one of these! It is a very fine addition to your selection of basses.

BTW, if that was a blank plank, I'd definitely buy it.

9. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

PMed. I need another one of these like a hole in the head but it is too good a bass to pass up.

10. On hold- sale pending