1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: EB Musicman Sub Sterling

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by craigb, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Hey Y'all,

I picked this up to try out the Sterling neck (I've had Stingrays in the past but never a Sterling). My evaluation of it is almost complete and I know this specific bass is not one I'll keep around (the slab body and sweetspot humbucker only are two strikes against it for me). So I'm looking to turn it and pass it to a new owner who will appreciate it.

What it is:

Musicman Sub Sterling
    - made in the USA
    - slab body
    - skinny Sterling neck w/rosewood fretboard
    - Musicman humbucking pickup in the sweetspot
    - 3-band EQ
    - textured burgundy finish
    - black pickguard
    - painted neck/headstock (black)
    - no bag/case but will be double-boxed

I'll get pictures of it in the next couple of days. Specific flaws: a scratch/ding in the back of the neck, a couple of little dings on the edges/top of the headstock, on mismatched knob.

I'm not as up on EB/Musicman info as I am on G&L but I believe this was a series of instruments made in SLO with some cost-reduction measures (slab body, textured body finish, painted neck, limited electronics (3-band eq but no coil switching on this one), ?). They are made with full Musicman quality, just less "deluxe" features than the regular versions. They are not made any more so you can't get a new one. But you can get US EB Musicman quality used for less than many imports.

$450 shipped in the contiguous 48

possible trades:

G&L SB-2 or JB-2 (must have skinny neck, #6 preferred)
    Yamaha BBT-500H head

2. Gubna

Gubna

Oct 21, 2006
    San Francisco
    interested.

yeah, let me see those pics...

3. craigb

ask and ye shall receive :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Gubna

Gubna

Oct 21, 2006
    San Francisco
    I'm so tempted...
    if it were only blue... (they didn't make any in blue, did they?)

I have a black one and it's one of my faves

hmmm, friday is payday...

5. wow nice bass, ive been looking for one in australia for ages! any chance you would ship it down here? cheers

6. crkempton

crkempton

May 30, 2006
    Utah
    ahh...... looks identical to my old SUB Sterling... *tears* kind of miss that bass....

7. craigb

Since the revamp of allowable sizes & rates shipping internationally via USPS this summer I hesitate to ship internationally. The changes just make it very difficult (if possible at all) due to the reduction in allowable sizes in many cases and more expensive.

Shipping to Australia would appear to require taking it apart and putting it into 2 boxes (max length of 42", max length+girth 79") and wouldn't be cheap. I also don't fudge values on customs forms.

8. thanks for looking into the international shipping, but it all seems far to hard to do. good luck selling your awesome bass, whoever picks this one up will be very very happy!!

9. craigb

*** SOLD ***

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.