1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: EBMM Sterling 4H - Black Cherry Burst - Very Cool!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by peabody, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I have for sale a 2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling bass. It has a cool Black Cherry Burst sparkle finish and a rosewood board. It will come with two pickguards...a black one that is currently installed and also a black pearloid. I'm not 100% sure of the weight, but I'm guessing it is 9-9.5 lbs. I'm out of town until Friday, so I'll weigh it then.

If you aren't familiar with Sterling basses, they are awesome. The thin, Jazz-like necks are some of the fastest I've ever played...and with the three band active preamp and the ability to switch from double to single coil, parallel to series mode, the tonal options are endless. Not to mention, they are lightweight, so they are easy on the back.

There are no major dings or scratches on this bass (the neck is flawless) but there are a couple of small spots where the finish has dulled with wear, like at the belt buckle location. Nothing major, but I wanted to make sure I mentioned it. Overall, it is in awesome condition. It comes with the standard molded Music Man case.

This is kind of an impulse sale for me. I love this bass (as I have every Sterling I have ever owned), but I've decided to use the cash to buy a couple of other things. Because of that, I'm not really looking for any trades at this time...although I might reconsider if someone has a Lakland Jerry Scheff they're looking to get rid of.

I have to be honest, this is one difficult finish to photograph well. I tried different angles, flash/no flash, etc., but for some reason it makes it look much more sparkly than it is. Regardless, it is a beautiful finish.

It is priced to sell at $875 shipped to the lower 48. I'll accept PayPal or a USPS Money Order. Because of my current work situation, I'm only able to ship on Fridays.

Please feel free to send me a PM or e-mail me at peabody59@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking!!

IMG_2523.
    IMG_2522.

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Great price, nice bass. Good luck on your sale.

3. PM sent :)

4. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    ...and PM returned.

5. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Here's what it looks like with the other pickguard...

sterling2.

6. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Sweet bass!!! FWIW, that finish is called Burnt Apple. I'm 100% certain of that, because I used to have an '01 Stingray with that gorgeous finish.... that I still haven't forgiven myself for selling. VERY difficult to capture its beauty in a photo. Good luck!

7. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    ...and this bass is sold! Thanks everyone for your interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.