1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: EBS Fafner II (Flashship of the EBS Line) Brand NEW - Still In Box

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by rmichael, Mar 11, 2013.

1. rmichael

rmichael Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Central Illinois
    FS: EBS Fafner II Bass Head (Flashship of the EBS Line) Brand NEW - Still In Box

First the specs:

The EBS Fafner II is designed, developed and built in Sweden.

Features Include:

• 2-Channel bass amp
    • Built-in compressor
    • Individual fx-loops for each channel
    • Common fx-loop with mix-in filter
    • Hi and Lo-boost filters
    • Tube overdrive/distortion
    • Bypass switch for tube
    • Protected power amp stage
    • Unique tube Character switch
    • Post and Pre EQ floating balanced XLR output
    • 750 W RMS output power
    • Remote connections for footswitch

For more in depth details you can review the manual at the following link: http://www.bass.se/2009/manuals/fafner2.pdf

As stated in the add title, this head is brand NEW and still in the box. I'm currently liquidating all of my bass year to return to school. My decision to return to school came about rather suddenly due to a work offer. Unfortunately, when this decision came about this head had already been special ordered. Since this was a "special order" there were unfortuntely no cancellations or refunds. That said, I've decided to just sell it outright. If you do some searching you'll find that this head is $2499 "out-the-door" which is what I paid. I've already liquidated most of my gear so I'm selling this AS NEW FS: EBS Fafner II Bass Head (Flashship of the EBS Line) Brand NEW - Still In Box head at a heavily discounted price. My selling price is [DEL]$1750[/DEL] $1500 shipped & fully insured within the USA. In addition to the head I also have a brand new, unused 4-space shockmount rack that I will let go for an additional $150.00 if the buyer wants a good quality rack $1650 for the complete package). I will provide the original sales receipt with sale for proof of purchase to show that this head was purchased NEW less than (8) weeks ago (although since it was a special order I didn't actually receive it until a few weeks ago.) Again, this head is new, still in the factory plastic wrap and in the box. The head has never been mounted. Please PM me if your seriously interested. No trades as again, I am liquidating all of my year to return to school. While this head is again "NEW" I've decided to price it in the same range as used high end heads in the same "league" with similar wattage such as the Aguilar DB751, Thunderfunk 750 or Glockenklang Heart Rock.
    You almost never see these things come up for sale. The few that I did find that sold in the past brought $1800 plus.

Those who know "EBS" can tell you that these heads are the ultimate for bass tone! The price is currently set $1000 below the "out-the-door" price! You might not find a deal like this on a Fafner II again!

Attached Files:

2. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    Nothing quite like a Fafner. Wish I had the scratch bump.
    GLWTS!

3. drgroove111

drgroove111 Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2010
    awesome amps!!!

great deal.

great TBer

4. rmichael

Jan 6, 2006
    Central Illinois
    PM's answered! Friday bump and further price reduction!

Attached Files:

5. rmichael

Jan 6, 2006
    Central Illinois
    Bump

6. LAKland_24

LAKland_24

Sep 30, 2010
    Sacramento
    bump for an awesome bass amp. If i sell my td650 anytime soon, ill hit you up for yours

7. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    PM'd.

8. rmichael

Jan 6, 2006
    Central Illinois
    Sold!