FS: EBS OctaBass--Brand New!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Schizoid75, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Okay, this bites. I just purchased this OctaBass from Musician's Friend. I got it today, tried it out, and it won't work for me. It sounds great, but despite trying different techniques and gain structures, it won't trigger fast enough/consistently enough on some of the notes I need.

So, I paid $159 w. no shipping and no sales tax at MF. I've got ALL the packing materials and you'd never know the thing has been opened. I'm asking $135 and I'll ship it anywhere in the Cont. US.

Thanks!

2. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    hmm .. ever thought of refunding it to MF? :)

3. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, that was my first choice, but for some reason they classify the EBS OctaBass as non-returnable. I have no idea why, but it says it plainly on my invoice.

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    the invoice is in error, I've had that happen to me a couple of times but I had no problems returning the items in question. Call them to confirm.
    Did you also order strings at the same time, that's one reason it might have said that on your invoice. Even then, strings are returnable to MF as long as they aren't opened.
    hope that helps!

5. I didn't dig the one I bought from MF either and I had no probs with a return/refund. Just call 'em and ask.

Weird I couldn't get it to work for me. Oh well.

6. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe the policy has changed. I just got off the phone with MF cust. serv. and they confirmed that it's only returnable if the item is defective. It works fine--just not as low as I need to go!

So, any takers at $135 shipped? I'll probably hold out for a week, then drop it by $10.

7. Seriously? I called them just last week. I just told them I was not happy with it. No issues. Gave me an RA number. I'd try calling again. Their return policy is pretty good. I think you spoke with a numb nutz.

8. If you really want to return it, and you are within the 45 day return window, definitely call back and demand the RA.

Here's the link to the OctaBass on their website:

OctaBass at MF

Now, look along the right side, where at says "Why Buy?". Click on the link that says "Our Return Policy", and read it all the way through.
    Looks to me that none of the exceptions they list apply to your pedal.

Lastly, read their "45-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee" on their "Terms and Conditions" page, here:

MF's "Terms and Conditions"

Seems like either you got a phone center worker that doesn't know or understand the policies, or someone has got something else mixed up.
    If it were me, I'd ask for the supervisor if the front end CS rep refused, then take it up the line, if need be.

Best o' luck! ;)

9. Schizoid75

Schizoid75

Apr 27, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Wow, you guys were right! I called back today and got "Zach" instead of "Devon" and everything went fine. I told him I had an item I wanted to return, he looked up my order and asked what the issue was. I explained that the pedal wasn't tracking low enough for me and he spit out an RO # for me right away. No problems at all!

So, I guess my item's not sold, but I better close the thread anyway!

Thanks for all your help! TB rules!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.